Friday, June 24, 2005

just on the radio

Hey...I was just on the radio. BC Almanac on CBC Radio One was having an open line on camping and hiking with children where people can call in to recommend a hike...so I called and recommended the Estuary Trail in Squamish and camping at the base of the Chief. Everyone who calls gets entered to win a book, so that was more insentive. I was a little nervous because I didn't know how exactly how it works...anyway it wasn't too tricky. One guest one the show said camping in that area with kids would be better at Alice Lake. The audio streaming (web) must be delayed a bit, cause after I got off the phone and returned to my compute where the radio is playing I heard myself on the radio - the last of it. Cool.
Sarah has slept through the night both last night and the night before...very encouraging.
Today is the last day of Andy's first aid course. We ordered in last night, which was a nice break.
Sarah has discovered my face is 3D. Sometimes, during her meal, I'll lean forward so are faces are close together. Lately, I've been seeing her look distracted by something on my face and I lean forward and she points to my nose...first with one hand, then with the other. She has pointed to my eyes too, but I think she prefers my nose. I don't like playing this game with her while her hands are all covered in food.
We've enjoyed some spontaneous laughing sessions together as well, Sarah and I. I will laugh at something she does and she will start laughing too, which makes me laugh more and results in her laughing more...so we just laugh and laugh together. This morning - I can be quite quiet in the morning - I was holding her on my lap and I laughed and reaction was full-body. She squiggled (squirmed) in my arms - ducked down her head, shoots out her legs and giggles. Such fun.
I've made 5 salads this week...Andy has had one every day in his lunch. His lunches are quite similar from day-to-day which he says he doesn't mind...he doesn't get tired of the same thing.
PB sandwhich, orange juice, salad, assorted snacks, and some baking.
The zuchinni muffins I made yesterday were excellent - they had nutmeg in them. Yum. When I was putting them into the muffin tins Andy said, "What's that green stuff?" He thought I'd put some of our kale into the muffins...now, that's an idea.
If I get around to it, it would be fun to try and make our own Rebars...with all the greens we have.
That shall be all for now. I didn't win the book :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, thinking of Squamish, what about the Elphin Lakes. Have you guys been there. If you have pass some info on to me. Thanks.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Wow, on the radio. Good for you. I guess you don't like playing the touch the nose game when Sarah is goopy handed ;) I love the spontanious shared laughter - what a pure kind of joy!
Blessings on you daughter,
Mom

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was so good seeing you last week!! I should send you the photo with Sarah.
Well, I can't post on my blog, OR Mark and Tamara's. Can you help me?? Go to Marriage Magazine, which I started for M&T, and I can't do anything on there, either. I don't want to delete mine, but if I have to, I'd delete Mark and Tamara's and start theirs over. When they ask for my username and password, one or the other doesn't work~and they send me only one at a time, or ask me to pick a new password.
Guess I'm just not savvy enough!! :* A. Lil

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home