Monday, August 29, 2005

the words

Now that we have a digital camera and can post more pictures (yeah!) I don't have to write as much eh? But I want to.
So, Saturday...a big a fun day. Started the day with a fitness class at the ARC. There were probably 40 people there...packed. It was fun, but not totally my style...bascially a weight-lifting class to music. I like more pilates/ball/core work.
Then home for a bit of a rest. Sarah had a 2.5 hour nap, or was it 3, so I went to the Garlic Festival alone, on my bike. It was put on along with the weekly Farmer's Market, which I really enjoy. It's so neat to talk to the people who grow the produce, make the crafts, etc. So, this 30- something guy with a great grey beard (maybe he was 40?) and matching hair calls me over and asks if I want a taste of his garlic hot sauce. He was also wearing a grey T-shirt and shorts. The sauce was delicious and we talk a bit. He uses all certified organic ingredients and has the honey in the sauce brought in from Alberta. His company is called oddball organics. I got some 'nasty nectar' for Andy for Cmas and some garlic (ours didn't turn out too great this year). Also stopped by Gesundheit Bakery, at the market, for my favorite kind of bread...100% rye. They are on Simpson Road in Abbotsford.
Then home and we packed up for our trip out to Kilby, near Harrison. Got to the store, looked around a bit. Sarah liked these animals someone made out of wool...very cute. I hope we make it back to look at the museum and animals. Yes, I think Sarah would enjoy them, although when we were at camp she saw some pigs up close and cried. Anyway, there is a very cute cafe there, that would be fun to spend some time at. The beach at Kilby park was nice...very windy though. We found a bit of shade. Sarah and I hung out there for a bit while Andy found where we'd head to go fishing. Then all together we embarked on our journey along overgrown paths, across train tracks, under a fallen tree, down a gravel covered slope, and through knee-height grass to a less-populated spot with a great view of Mt. Cheam. Sarah and I found a small shady spot next to a bush and played, collected a few mosquito bits (just me I think) and took pictures while Andy fished.
Then, did the reverse and had something to eat in the car...hummus I'd made at home (with James' parsley), and our tomatoes and bread.
Home brought us dishes to do, Sarah's bath, a little mental breakdown (for Cara) - so tired, corn on the cob from Steven upstairs and some saner moments and a good night's rest.
Sunday brought us pancakes and early service followed by more pancakes for brunch. I only had time for one pancake pre-service. Then sleeping and Andy took Sarah to the garden and I slept more. In the evening I needed fresh air so Sarah and I went for a walk in a delicious downpour. Stopped at a few stores. Encouraged a family friend we met to not dye her hair because I thought it looked great...it did. I love natural...when the hair starts going grey. What is the verse that says grey hair is a crown? I got a few elastics from London Drugs...90 plus 60 actually...lots. Those little rubber ones - different colors. Then back home. Andy volunteers to do the dishes which I have no energy for and I have a shower with our new soap with cloves in it. Feel more refreshed...read and have kale and tea and blog...then bed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Thanks for the words. What a lot of fun you've been having. I love you, Mom

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home