Thursday, December 22, 2005

colds, shopping and upcoming birthday celebrations

Hi, lots been up lately. A few lovely Cmas family gatherings on Andy's side. One we actually forgot about and consequently got there very late, but still were able to visit with most people for several hours. Sarah has a cold...the first one that has actually plugged up her nose so that it interferes with nursing somewhat. Last night I went 'Cmas shopping' under the stairs in my parents house. That is where all our toys from our childhood are stored. It was quite a mess and I knew it would be a bit of a project, so I took a clock to give myself a time limit...didn't keep it, but we got some trucks and people, a baby carriage, and some of my old stuffed monkeys. Not that we have room for many more toys...I'm especially excited about the trucks and cars, as Sarah hasn't played with any yet.
We had a travelling Cmas home tour on my dad's side. See my mom's blog for more on that. We moved Sarah's dresser full of clothes into her room and it opens the living room up even more.
I had a meeting that was cancelled this morn. so I had a nap upstairs while Mom A. played with Sarah and did our dishes! Yeah. Thank you. I slept so good. Bedrooms really help me sleep.
Ya, this last weekend I hit the wall again with sleep. I feel mentally ill when I am sleep deprived. A few bad nights - one Sarah up for 2 hours - and I got sick after that for two days.
Upcoming b-day celebrations for Jesus are being looked forward to...we are finishing up our gifts still and hope to have a date tonight.
By now, most of you know my wonderful sister Aimee and her husband Lance are pregnant with Twins. It's taken awhile to sink in. I'm so excited for them. Healthy snack ideas from me Aimee: Oatmeal (yes, in the middle of the day...has a surprising amount of protein), almonds, pears with pb and dates (cut a hole in the pear, put in some pb and the date and you have a groundhog - from my childhood...maybe too sweet for you), that's all for now.
Arm still sore. Going to get our computer looked at...crashed many times last night while Andy was trying to watch a movie.
Merry Christmas friends...sorry I don't comment after many of you comment. I still love that you do. In hope because of Jesus.

2 Comments:

Blogger lil said...

Thanks for the good blogs, Cara! May you, Andy and Sarah have a wonderful Christmas! Ours is going to be fun with a new baby around. Check out my blog, and see the growing family! The Lord is good!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Jeff, Kristy, Hayley & Katelyn said...

Cara, I have a few books to recomend for you in hopes maybe it will help you. First is "Baby Wise". Quite a few people from our church recomended it to us when we were pregnant with Hayley. The jist of it is to have your baby sleeping through the night by 8 weeks old. It really helped us. Hayley was sleeping through the night by the end of the first month. We've read some books that don't like this method, but when looking at their reasons why, it was due to the fact that they didn't fully read the book. I know Sarah is 1 but it still may work. The other book is called "The Maker's Diet". (www.TMDiet.com)
My grandma lent it to us, due to the problems Jeff has been having (but it's not specific to his problem) Anyways, it's about following the diet guidelines that God says in the bible. Along with many other things it will help improve your energy level, and I remember reading somthing about arthritis and tendinitus. Jeff is starting it in the new year. It's worth a try. I hope and pray that these books will help you in some way. Have a wonderful, and very merry Christmas!

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home