Friday, January 27, 2006

Provisions

Some things Sarah has been doing/enjoying lately:
-Dancing! moves from one foot to the other...and fast.
-Flying! like an airplane in her Daddy's arms...all over the house. Always signs more for this.
-Sandwiches! I make a pb sandwhich and use a cookie cutter on the bread and she'll eat the whole sandwhich. It was fun saying, "Here's a teddy-bear sandwhich for you Sarah." and standing it up on the tray for her.
-Kissing! And she'll kiss anyone on the lips...we're going to encourage on the cheek kisses now, so feel free to offer your cheek if she comes to you all puckered up.

Feeling the end-of-the-month grocery fund crunch and blessings currently. 2 days ago I was just about to collect all the loose change for some fresh produce when I get an email from my mom who had just left town saying she's left a bag of stuff for us in her fridge that needs to be eaten. Thank you God for apples, stir-fry veggies which tasted great by the way (last 2 bucks bought tofu to add with 'em), celery and carrots. Also, tonight I enjoyed a kiwi at Andy's folk's and I found some blueberries in the freezer last week...wowzers.

Been kinda cramped up lately - tendonitus - but am appreciating some improvement after a chiro and massage appointment.
2 days ago when it was nice and sunny and Mom and I and Sarah walked to the chiro. We waited 1/2 hr. there and to come out and it rained for the rest of the day. We had brought no umbrella and just suited up Sarah with grocery bags from the veggie market and I decided too to give her my coat when a friend of mine honks and pulls over for us...she didn't have her son with her so had a carseat and everything...so she took us home. Thanks Crystal. That was a hard day, I guess I was counting on it being sunny longer, so I actually felt mad at God that the rain was back so soon. Today, we were out and the rain wasn't too bad and I was very thankful for some sun rays that touched our face.

Had a fun time in the kitchen this morning making healthy shapes. I really enjoy inventing healthy baking recipes. Here's a go at what the recipe was:
1 3/4 C. cooked millet
1 3/4 C. cooked red lentil purree
1/2 C. brown rice syrup
3/4 C. ground almonds
1/3 C. tahini
3 TBSP. ground flax
1 C. whole wheat flour
1 C. quick oats
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp.cloves
3/4 tsp.cinnamon

roll out and cut shapes... bake for 5 min. at 350 F.
I never measure when inventing, so the recipe is a guesstimate. I wrote it out for my benefit mainly, but if anyone tries it, let me know how it works.

Our windowsill herb garden got overrun with bugs so Andy dismantled it and now we have some goldfish there instead. The trip to the pet store 'got him.' They are in 2 big jars.

That's it for now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

I loved your post Cara. I'm so glad the produce was such a good thing.
I even like bean kisses from Sarah. I want to see her dance. I've seen her dance a little. Maybe now we can do the barnyard dance book all together!
Love and hugs,
Mom

11:11 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Hi Cara, there is plenty of sunshine here if you don't mind a bit of snow!
I so enjoyed the message on your pink shirt, the one you wore to lunch at Grandma's...but I can't remember all of what it said
...could you please post this for me???
xox Jennifer

8:58 AM  
Blogger Cara said...

Jennifer, the shirt said "Satisfied" on the front and "I have learned the secret to being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength." ~Paul of Tarsus
It's a quote from Phillippians (in the Bible) 4 verse 12 and 13.
I've called this my 'challenging' shirt before, as it is a challenge/'daily putting on'of contentment in Christ. Blogged about this before...maybe I'll find the link to that post soon.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Thanks Cara..I love that one. xo J

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home