Saturday, January 21, 2006

some words..a couple days

Today is going a lot better than yesterday. Yesterday started with us seeing sunshine outside and planning a daytrip (or before nap trip). Andy had Thur. and Fri. off cause work is slow. As we were packing up, I got tired...I actually woke up crying because it was morning and I did not feel rested...it did not feel like the night was over. I thought, as I lay there, my brain awake and body not so...about this song I knew from my childhood, "Be still and know that I am God"...and then later, "I am the God that healeth thee." And I cried because of those truths. Most of my days start with my head in the pillow calling on God for strength for the day because my physical body needs it...my spirit too, of course. So we didn't go 'crabbing' at Belcarra as we'd planned, but I tried to sleep while Sarah and Andy went to the pet store...and the day went on.
Today felt better. Slept better. Sarah has been taking a long time to put to bed...I think yesterday was 1 hr. and 45 min. Whoa. Andy did a lot of work in the kitchen...canned 3 batches of beans, made granola (yum), and did major dishes. Sarah and I did groceries in the stroller (a few...got oats for the granola) and then we went on a family walk around Mill Lake...The amount of time I spent outside today felt just right :) When we went past one playground Sarah got all excited like she wanted to stop, so we told her we'd stop at the next one. We pulled up to it and were talking about it was all wet and we looked at her and discovered she was sleeping...back to home and got her into bed. Picked up our movie we've been working on for a couple of days - 'School of Rock' :) and I got a bit of rest too. Tonight was date night but we couldn't find a babysitter, so Sarah came with us to the House of James for a simple dinner. Later home for a granola dessert. Andy cracked open some olives - which Sarah loves - and we heated up some soup for her too.
New batch of pics to load soon...stay tuned. Welcome Jennifer to the links...Meredith's sister and cousin of Andy's who lives in Oregon.

4 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

Cara,I am sorry to hear that your days require so much effort to get started. I hope that you find a more restfull sleep more often. They do make the days more enjoyable. I can't always soak in Gabriel and Michael with awe and wonder but on days when I am truly present with them we are all happier for it. Try having a good day by just being with Sarah, enjoy her.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

Thanks Meredith. Yah, talking to my Mom this morning, I may have not reflected as well in this post, but my sleeping has been getting better...I don't lay in bed awake for hours any more...I am thankful for that. I do enjoy Sarah...I am very thankful for her.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Hi Cara, I start asking for help in the afternoon. To make it through making dinner and bedtime. Rowan stopped naping in the fall, so when I fell asleep on the couch yesterday afternoon I was shocked to find I needed it. There may be non-moms reading this that are saying 'what is the matter with them?' The overworked underpaid moms(that's all of us) with the long hours and no sick days need time off for maintence regularily so as to keep the balance of mental,physical,spiritual health. Think of it as a date for the sake of your health. Oh and I have a book for you also...just gotta find it first. All is well. JA.

9:59 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

You know what else?...alot of us noticed a marked boost in energy when we stopped breastfeeding. I just thought I'd put that out there for consideration.
Also ofcourse there is a yoga breathing excerise that just by breathing a certian way brings more energy into your body. It works for me.

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home