Tuesday, July 04, 2006

noodles and juice

Hey Ho, camp is started...started yesterday. Our neighbors across the street had a big camping party which included them playing loud music till midnight for two nights. Sarah's been having trouble falling asleep before 10 or 11 pm at night...we think maybe because of the heat. Andy bought a fan today. Andy has been very busy at camp and it makes him tired. On Sat. we had a fun adventure of fly fishing together. He bought me a little box to store flies in and some other things I'll need. On our date the other week I'd bought my fishing licsence. So, I really enjoyed the fly fishing but lost a couple of flies...I think they landed on the shore (opps). Going to get some more practice in at our lake, I'm sure. We have a BOOSTER JUICE in Princeton now. It was grand opening day Sat. (with 1/2 price smoothies) so that is how we started our adventure. It's been incredibly hot here and we've been using lots of sunscreen and Sarah's sunsuit. Current books on the go are, still polishing off "The Discipline Book*" by Dr. Sears, That Mary Martha World book (see last post), A Generous Orthodoxy by Brian D. McLaren (hopefully I get through it), and "Adventures in Gentle Discipline" Hilary Flower and "Who is this Jesus?*" by some teacher at Regent (Michael Green). *on table in Sarah's room where I nurse here.
Now it's Tues. Last night I got to bust out of the house alone, after a cry-hit the guest room bed melt-down, on my bike to almost the other end of the lake for a quick swim (can't swim at camp unless campers are now). So, there I went with my pool noodle 'tucked' in between my backpack and back, biking down the highway - those noodles are long. Anyway, quite a sight. Nice refreshing swim.
Sarah to bed at 10 pm last night...hmmm...doesn't leave much time for AA and I.
Nesbitts are down the lake at Jody's parents cabin - are coming for dinner - Hurray. Cleaning and napping await. Bye for now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

Good to hear from you Cara! The heat, I blame all sleeping anomilies on the heat. Michael hasn't been doing great sleeping lately either. It's the heat.

8:38 PM  
Blogger rachel joy said...

Hi Cara,
I came across your blog through some crazy link in blogland ... As I have a 2-year old and a 2-month old, something in your last post caught my attention. I'm very interested to know your take on the Gentle Discipline book. Our little Max is really having a rough go with the new baby, with being 2, perhaps teething, and being a picky picky eater. It's so hard to know where to go with discipline when he's got so much other stuff going on in his little world. Should I buy it? Amazon.com tells me that people who buy that book also buy "My child won't eat!" I think I'll be getting that one too!

Thanks,
Rachel Zalinko
(a former HoJ employee :)
We live in Prince Rupert now and I soooo miss HoJ.

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home