Wednesday, September 27, 2006

report from now and before

Ha ha. Hello. Church. We went to church. finally. It's been while.
Someone was carrying a pot of food in when we arrived and I noted that it was probably 'potluck Sunday' - happens once a month...we haven't attended yet. But yeah, we were planning on having a picnic so had food in our trunk. So, we stayed and that was nice. Then we drove to Keremeos for fruit and veggies...picked apples (macs for applesauce) and got carrots, squash, onions, garlic. One day this past while we had a picnic for dinner down at the new garden plot Andy is diggin up. We heated leftovers and actually drove the 30 sec. down to the barn where our new plots are. It was lovely...it's really like a little escape down there.
Oh, I've been going to the Moms and Tots group and met some people - Char and Louise and their kids. One day we hung out at Char's with the kids - 2 1.5 yr. olds and a 3.5 yr.old and Sarah. That was nice. Char and Kaia (1.5) come over here tomorrow. More adventures in sleep have been happening. Sarah's been in her 'big-girl-bed' since just before her b-day (which was wonderful by the way...Abrahams (including James) and Klassen's were over for lunch and it felt like Christmas). My folks stayed 2 nights, Abrahams just up for the day. For S's actual b-day we went to playgroup, the library, and gave her a photo album with pics of family in it.). So, we are trying to teach her to get out of bed and walk to our room when she wakes in the middle of the night and we continue the rest of the night there...in our NEW queen sized bed which we recieved 2 days ago from our pastor's family...now Andy doesn't have to evacuate to the guest room when Sarah comes cause there was not enough room in our double for us all. I've been having trouble with dripping exhaustion, but I think I'm getting used to it (ha) or trying to make life work (normal) despite it. Have trouble turning my brain off...lay in bed during naptime (if it happens - Andy sometimes takes S. around 4:30pm for an hour to work in the garden and I lay down if she didn't want a nap). I am rejoicing today cause she actually had a 2 hour nap! Didn't think it was going to happen, but I just layed down in her room while she played and she eventually came over and layed down, nursed and fell asleep. Yipee... a fellow was over to work on our chimney pipe...took out the old liner (clay).
Now I'm typing after my nap and we went outside and threw leaves and rocks in the creek...I feel pretty good. Yeah. I don't know what else to say.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the picture show Cara, just heartwarming. Miss you all - Sarah is looking so two year oldish! Have a wonderful holiday, I will too, and look forward to seeing you in a week and abit. XXOO Grandma A.

7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Cara, Sarah is growing so fast! She looks like a young lady in those photos and I just read that she still nurses, wow! I know my mom did that with my brother till he was 3. We don't have any babies yet but we are expecting more kittens, her due date is the 6th of October, so next week, 3 days after my 26th birthday. Anyway, I just thought I'd let you know that I stopped by for a visit. Nice to see you guys again. Take care~

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home