Saturday, October 21, 2006

well now

He Heeaahhh....oh ya.. [deep breath]....ah...here I am at this here computer again. Have not been here much lately. We have a guest group in that will leave tomorrow...AND we hosted a work crew (3 guys) as well. The guys ate at our place (actually just 3 guys for one meal) for 3 meals and I waited for and welcomed the guest group last night (over an hour late...maybe 1..5 hours...bedtime was 11:30pm last night) Andy 'showed me the ropes' and Sarah and I broke into a box of Cheerios in the camp kitchen for her mesmorizing bedtime snack as she sat staring into the fire Andy had built in the dining hall. So, Andy was working LOTS with the guys, making most of the meals etc. Yesterday we served dinner and left the two guys at our place to be at camp for when the group arrived. It was very encouraging to come back hours later to almost all our piles of dishes washed. Ya, so what else. I am very thankful my brain has settled down a little...I have NOT been laying awake lately...who has been praying, I keep thinking. We booked a place for our anniversary getaway, so that is nice...in Ucuelet, on the Island. Getting sleepy...that's all for now. Andy gave me a wonderful haircut...I feel so much better. The wife of the speaker and her 16 month old son came over for a little playtime today. I am helping out with the singing at church tomorrow. Yeah! Andy has Mon. and Tues. off!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds great and praise the Lord for peaceful times~

3:44 PM  
Blogger Aimee said...

great to read some updates. so glad about times without laying awake thinking. hope you have a marvelous getaway - what a treat. we love you guys.

aimee

ps, can we see a photo of your haircut?

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home