Thursday, November 02, 2006


Here are some fleece pants I recently sewed for Sarah out of a baby blanket (thanks Harnetts, I think it was). The black patch was some extra fleece from another project I needed to use, cause I didn't have enough fabric. I sewed the pants without a pattern, so they are kinda rough but they work and keep her warm. I cut apart an old smaller pair of pants that were in our givaway pile to get the idea of how to assemble pants. The pink hoodie with the duck square is strategically positioned over a GAP insignia - we aren't too much into advertising, and the sweater is really cozy.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice pictures. I can smell the crisp fresh air there and I think you didn't do too bad on your haircut or the fleece pants, I mean the serve the purpose so that's great and when you're cold it really doesn't matter what you wear I think as long as you are warm. AND I can't believe you have a Grandma Kathy Doll!!! That's crazily scary but sort of fun at the same time, weird :s Who's idea was it (the Kathy doll) and did you make it too?

8:35 PM  
Blogger heidi said...

cara,

i get so excited when i've seen you post new pictures! love your haircut. and i can totally remember "feeding" my cabbage patch doll under my shirt as well! can't wait to see you guys next summer. love & hugs,
heidi (and josh and tristan)

11:12 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Sarah is a very happy model of your successful sewing project. Cozy results - and no pattern. Way to go.

Love you,
Mom

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I love the blog, great pics! Miss you guys!

Love ya!

6:28 PM  
Blogger rachel joy said...

I often get out my stitch picker to take off unwanted logos and advertising on clothes that find their way to my boys' closets. It sometimes leaves little tiny holes where the logo was but overall it's much nicer. :)

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home