Monday, November 15, 2004

Sleeping, celebrations

Wow. Sarah slept through the night last night. She’s 8 weeks old now. I put her down at 10:30 pm and she woke at 5:40 am. When I was changing her this morning I was looking at her feet and I thought one looked like a phone…how the toes curled and made the foot look like a cradle phone. But they are as small as a cell phone. Looks like I’m going back to the VRC. I look forward to this. Exercising in a group and going somewhere to do it specifically is really helpful for the motivation factor for me.
Had the grandparents and mom and dad, Steve and Kathryn over last night to celebrate Andy and I’s anniversary, my b-day and grma’s b-day. Felt bad I didn’t get a card made for grma but gave her a certificate for a date with Sarah and I. Went swimming just before this gathering. That was fun. Busy day at the pool. I have much more energy now – I could swim and swim. I hadn’t swam since Cranbrook – about 2 months ago.
Sarah is being more lavish with her smiles. This is really neat. While Dad was talking to Sarah yesterday Grpa said we should have a recorder to record these conversations. Good idea. She is ‘speaking’ more now too. Wow.
Mom Abrahams babysat Sarah this last Fri. and Sat. night. Fri. we went to a play and Sat. out for dinner in Vancouver. We were going to go to the Naam restaurant but ended up going to the Banana Leaf – a very busy Malyasian restarant on East Broadway’s ethnic food strip. Andy got ‘abundance of seafood’ and I some vegetable pot with coconut sauce and also Tofu Goreng (deep-fried tofu). We reminisced about our five years of marriage. Had to pump some milk while we were out too. Had just gotten the pump that day. The first boob went fine…the second one never worked out…couldn’t get a good connection or something. Pumped on a side street near some apartments. Of course I was a little aware of people walking past for peering down from their dwellings but I had my fushia dress top on which made for some good cover.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home