Friday, March 25, 2005

Andy found it

...her first tooth...Andy found it yesterday. It broke the skin and will just keep coming. She's turning into quite the young lady. Every developmental step reminds me of this. Sarah's been flipping over in her bed. She used to just stay on her back when we layed her to sleep, but now mainly when she wakes up or is not ready to sleep she'll flip. One time she fell asleep on her stomach and I flipped her over to her back.
I was sorting through Sarah's dresser - weeding small stuff - and I found the toque she received at the hospital. Oh, so precious. It reminds me of her first few days. She wore that toque constantly cause she had no body fat and we didn't want her to get too cold. It reminded me to of my delivery and how amazing that was. It's had such an impact on me.Up until a few weeks ago I would think about that night almost every day. I think I was really refelctive as she turned 6 months. I think I had a fairly straightforward delivery (except the hour of hard pushing and the fact Sarah came out head facing the ceiling) and I replay her birth over and over. It's crazy how she's grown. Every parent says that, but its true. When she was a newborn I had to put pillows under her to position her to nurse. Not so anymore. Sarah got some new clothes today...I fished them out from under the bed and sorted out the hand-me-downs that fit her now. I don't think we'll use the shirt that says, "I love Huggies." I like her pink shirt that says, "Grandma's little Angel...Branson, MO." Today there was another tourist shirt you may see her in from Arizona. :) I wonder what the story is behind those clothes.
Found another kids consignment shop by the Cottage Bakery. I bought a neck pillow that is shaped like a primary colored dog. Also got a great Kooshies hot organge diaper cover and some socks.
Had so much fun tonight making dinner and listening to the Staples on CBC radio 2. Dancing and entertaining Sarah. Great music. I heard these songs - "Respect Yourself," "When Will We Get Paid for the Work that We Did," "Long Walk to DC."
My tendonitus comes and goes in waves. My doctor says this is something I'll struggle with probably the rest of my life. It's frustrating...I can really feel it when I sit down at the computer.
I have become my own physiotherapist. I've started doing some of the excercises I was given a few years ago. I was looking at the Fitter First website and may order a few things from there too. I recently let my club membership expire. I'm hoping to set up a routine I can maintain around the house with maybe weekly pilates/swimming.
Today we visited my Grma W. in the hospital and sang a few Good Friday hymns. It was cool.
I got the Ergo Baby Carrier and it is so helpful...comfy...the last 4 days with it have been worth it's price. I've walked to the hospital with Sarah in it a couple of times with my mom. Yah, the carrier's handy cause then I don't have to hold Sarah (19 pounds now) and the huge stroller doesn't have to come into the hospital room. Steve and Carolyn Schulz are here now too. There were at breakfast and the hospital visit too. It's good to see them.
I'm looking forward to seeing singing Aimee and her fine husband Lance as they are headed out here at the month's end with CLBI's choir.
Sarah had her second food today...sweet potato. Lots of work to prepare. Bake it, puree it - add breastmilk to make the right consistancy, put into ice cube trays. And I even skipped a step this one book recommended...straining it after it's pureed. Does this seem overboard to anyone else or is this common (to strain pureed food)? She makes these cute faces when she eats recently...sticks her lower lip out and furrows her brow. I think she's good at eating :)
Andy is out in Penticton again - with Daryl this time. A huge group of our camp friends are out there climbing. Sarah and I would have gone too...but it's such a short time Andy'll be out there that it doesn't make it worth it for us to go...lots of family gatherings here too.
Feels like its time to stretch...then clear the sink...then to bed. Goodnight.

4 Comments:

Blogger Alvin & Denise Engler said...

congrats on the tooth finding! Funny that you didn't notice first, what with nursing and stuff. I remember Joshua's first tooth, and the training that followed. Guess Sarah's not a biter. :)

9:52 AM  
Blogger Jeremy J Harnett said...

Hi Cara,
Hey that Ergo baby carrier- did you order that on-line or purchase it through some store? We are interested, if we can muster up the expense.... So, you say it's worth the cost, eh? Have you tried a 'snuggli' before? If so, how does it compare for you?
Anyway, happy walking!
-TH

5:07 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

We bought the Ergo online. I have a snugli for 0-3 months and found it places too much weight on my shoulders. It was ok for tiny Sarah for very short periods of time. The Ergo has a hip belt which most of the weight lands...and it fits a child up to 5 yrs. Yah, any carrier with a hip-belt is so much more supportive. I recommend checking out their website (www.ergobabycarrier.com), as I could go on and on and all the info is listed there. I like the sleeping hood idea it has too...so Sarah's head is held steady when she drifts off.

3:15 PM  
Blogger Alvin & Denise Engler said...

Hey Cara, where are you? ... How are things going? Want to go for a walk or something tomorrow morning (Wednesday)? I have to work in the afternoon, and drop Joshua off at Alvin's mom's place at about 11:30, but am free before that and would love to do something... -de

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home