Monday, March 14, 2005

never be the same again

"I will never be the same again. I can never return. I've closed the door." :) This is a line from the song "Never be the Same" by Geoff Bullock. You can apply it to many things. Lately I've been applying it to my physical shape since birth. I feel "in shape" but am slightly bigger than before. My pre-birth pants don't fit still. I read somewhere that it may take at least 5-6 months to get back to pre-birth shape. I thought I'd fit within that cause I'm quite active. I don't think so. This is ok. I was quite small before. This new body of mine was really noticeable when I tried on my climbing harness and it fits me in the stomach but on the thighs. Oh yes. I'll still be wearing the 'fully adjustable' harness we have - yeah for that. Yah, I feel ok -read pretty great, wonderful, energetic, pretty strong - with myself and am thankful that I am not obsessing about getting back from wence I came...for "I will never be the same again."

2 Comments:

Blogger Alvin & Denise Engler said...

I'll never be the same again either. I think few are (ever the same). Moving to acceptance is the hard part. Nice to hear that I'm not alone though, so I thought I'd reciprocate -- you are not alone!
BTW, if it was my house you were going to drop by when it was just the girls, I wish you would have. But some other time maybe then?
-de

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for being open cara- it makes me feel better too knowing that everyone is never the same again. I went for a fitness assessment the other day- conclusion- I need to get back in shape-a long road ahead I suppose- it's just harder with a little one- but I'm sure we can all agree that it is well worth having to buy all new pants! ct

5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home