Monday, March 14, 2005

the girls

It was just the girls at the house for part of this weekend as Andy went climbing in Penticton with Mark J. We did an awful lot it seems...tons of dishes, baked cookies and banana bread, laundry (of course), went for a run. Sat. night I didn't know what to do so we just hopped in the car and started driving. I had a few ideas and thought of dropping by someone's house and thought I'd call first. I was near Columbia Bible College, so I pulled in there to make a call. I found one free parking spot - the place was packed. It was 8 pm and there was a play going on. So, we stood at the back and watched it for a bout 20 min., till Sarah started making some noise. I was standing in the back next to the grand piano on top of which was the programs and at a glance I noticed the play title..."The Importance of Being Earnest." I recognized the play, as I've seen it in high school, and had made it for one of the climaxes (can there by more than one?). It made me want to take out the book which would provide more fully for the imagination, I believe...what the actors/actresses couldn't provide. The main actress I was getting a little tired of.
I hurt my back at church on Sunday. Sarah is officially too big for her sling. I only had her in it for about 2o min. while standing and didn't notice it hurting then...but later - ouch. So to the chiropractor today...boy was I out. Been looking at an Ergo Baby Carrier The weight is placed mainly on the hips rather than on one shoulder...Sarah is 18 lbs. 10 ounces now.
Had some blessings of food this weekend. Special rye bread, bananas & tomatoes from Mom, 10 cans orange juice from grandma & grandpa W. (doesn't jive well with medication they are on), and bananas from them too.

SARAH UPDATES:
Just this weekend - She's been able to roll from back to stomach but gets stuck there. Now she can roll back onto her back again.
I left Sarah for a bit, as she was lying on the ground. I come back and she is eating the buck passer ads in the newspaper. Got a paper cut on her finger too. Opps.
When we lift Sarah up by her arms she now stands up immediately rather than just stays on her bum. She looks like a little water-skier to me. I laugh and laugh.
She has graduated out of the bassinet part of her "pack n' play" bed, because of her weight. Just read today to not use that part if they can pull themselves up or they weigh more than 15 lbs.

So sunny lately. Still been using the clothesline a bit...can't hang as much on it. There were so many people at Mill Lake Park yesterday. I jumped out of the park on our run, cause there wasn't that much room for everyone. Then we were on the stinky roads.

I'm sure there is more to say, but it will come later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home