Tuesday, May 10, 2005

things

Things that have been happening lately…I will be kind of point formish here, as I’m off to a nap.

Mother’s Day Sunday. I wake up and go to pick up Sarah. As soon as I pick her up out comes some projectile vomit (milk) of what I estimate was about a cup of liquid. It got on the curtain in her room, the floor, and mattress. She hasn’t done that since she was newborn.

Andy made me a pancake breakfast and homemade applesauce. I had tahini, applesauce and pure organic maple syrup on my whole wheat pancakes (something I think would be perfect to serve in the café/tea-bake shop/restaurant I dream of operating one day…in a quaint town…build relationships with the yoga-vegan-ish crowd).

We tried to go out for brunch with Grma and family Abrahams, but all restaurants were full, so we ended up at Grma’s and ordered pizza in…that was enjoyable.

Sarah gave me a card her Daddy helped her make – with her handprint, and some squiggly writing cause she was helping hold the pen. The card of all crumpled up to as a result of her handing it to me – that’s my favorite card.

Aimee arrived. Yesterday Sarah had FOUR babysitters while I went for a run (boy was I sweaty…hadn’t done that in a while). Lance, Steven, Aimee and Mom. In the evening we had our Mother’s Day celebration at my Grandma’s. I hadn’t seen her since she was out of the hospital. We kept wanting to go over there but it’s been so busy and I’ve been trying to not get so completely unrested that it effects my emotional state…hard to explain all that to them…I feel like I’m giving excuses.

Anyway, this weekend we are going to Whistler…my friend Keela has connections to a very affordable place to stay. I hope to go to church there while Andy hikes. I haven’t been in a while.

Yesterday I fed Sarah her breakfast outside. That was nice. To be outside was nice too because she ate so much, breakfast took a long while to serve…my arm was getting sore.

It looks like we’ll get our jogging stroller this weekend, Lord willing (LW). I’m haggling via email with someone in Kamloops. We’ll meet in Vancouver, LW, to pick it up, Sat.

I’ve put some new links on the sidebar for stores I frequent (or have in the past) and the book we use as our baby food Bible. Kidalog is a good source for organic cotton diapers and tons of helpful items and educational toys. Be warned if you order from there though, they aren’t very good at telling you if something is on backorder…so call them if you don’t get what you ordered very quickly.

I am using my spending money to buy one CD a month. Anyone have good suggestions for my May CD? Girl singers? Folksy stuff? Worship albums – compilations? Perfect punk (just kidding…that’s a part of my past…and I’m not throwing out my MXPX albums J).

That’s it for now. Today I hope to go to the Pantry Natural Foods in Mission to see what they have for baby food…have to get some pre-made stuff for trips.

See ya folks.

4 Comments:

Blogger heidi said...

i've really been enjoying jars of clay's new cd "redemption songs". most of the songs are older hymns, sung in the jar's slow, folksy way. listen to it first, though, as i don't think its for everyone.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Kristal Sawyer said...

Hi Cara! I love reading your blog and seeing pictures of your cutie-pie--what rosy cheeks! CD I recommend for you this month--Nichole Nordeman's "Brave" which comes out on the 24th. It is gonna be awesome, I'm sure!

Kristal (Friesen) Sawyer

10:00 AM  
Blogger cv said...

Hi Cara
another 'girlsy/folksy' CD is the Wailin' Jennys album 40 days. Do you know them? James owns it and I really enjoy it.... they seem to have a website www.thewailinjennys.com

11:47 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

Thank you everyone for your ideas. Heidi, Andy has the Jars CD which we both do like. Nichole N. I haven't heard - perhaps I'll give it a listen and the W. Jenny's look really good too...thanks. I'm craving Hymns too, I just realized. Anyone...not modernized please...and with lyrics.

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home