Saturday, April 30, 2005

blogola

Been wanting to write for awhile...and right now I should be making baby food but it will make too much noise as Sarah is just settling from some disturbance she had in her sleep. It seems to have been a bit of a busy week...and once again I 'hit the wall' with tiredness. Had a BC MB Camp Board Mtg. yesterday (which meant no nap) and was in and out of the BC MB Convention that was today. Exciting stuff we talked about in the camp workshop. Sarah camped out at Mom Abraham's while Andy hiked with a friend from Edmonton and a buddy from work. I need to quit that board. It doesn't mesh well with mommyhood. Today I got back and forth from Mom A's and Columbia Bible College on Dad A's bike - the seat is a tad high so I was glad the ride wasn't too far (5 min). It was a bit of a confusing day because I was supposed to be standing at the front when our board gave it's report and I was told the report was in the afternoon at some point. I had volunteered to serve coffee at a break so got there late morning and as I walk in I'm told the camp report is half over. I snuck up there in time for the introductions of us board members. It seems there have been quite a few misunderstandings in that board (in my opinion).
I know what's made the week busy...income taxes. I was in charge of it cause I know how to do it, so Andy took up the dishes and meals. So tonight I'm phoning it in and am tired and missed the part about donations and gifts…so I call again to start *all over again* and they are closed…crazy. It will be nice when that’s done.

I laid down for 2 hours at Mom A’s but couldn’t sleep.

Things I've been wanting to share about Sarah:
-She is not quite crawling but moves by squootching along the floor...our carpet is not that soft and her under-forearms are all red because of the abrasions.
-She can say my name now....ok, not really...but her vocabulary has seemed to increase and includes this one sound that sounds like 'mum' said really short and clear.
-Her bald spot is growing in.

I bought a magazine the other week...which I didn’t read much of. It’s a thick magazine called “Real Simple” (go figure). I always see it and out of any magazine think that’s one I might possibly be interested in…and the cover is always artful. Andy says I should use my ‘slush’money for stuff like slush – treats. So, I thought perhaps the magazine would be good…only $5…and the picture of me sitting down to read it looked appealing. But it’s basically only been trucked about the house…to the bathroom, under the futon, in front of the computer and looked at a bit. One thing that hit me was all the advertisements…and a lot for food that looks simply gross to me…simple this and that – put this with that and you have dinner. Mix this cheese thing with these packaged noodles, complete with a few token green or orange flecky-vegetable-wanna-bees and ta-da…dinner’s done. Yikes. And then there are the beauty advertisements. Some ads are interesting though…like smartly created. And then the articles – some of them just remind me of things that need cleaning and I don’t do – oven cleaning…ah. Ha…the main article is “3 step-cleaning guide: easy solutions for difficult tasks.” I’d like to see an article about how real people clean their houses…who actually prints schedules of when to wash windows etc (I know people do do it)? So, please write in for an article I’ll never write but would entitle… “Demand Cleaning…the relationship between life and housework...how real people clean their houses.” (something like that).
Now back to real life...shower and bed? Tomorrow baby food...and MEC Gear Swap.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cara, I hear you on the demand cleaning issue! I feel like I only have time for the quick tidy ups, not the down and dirty scrub time -like the floors, and bathroom! I recruit help otherwise it just doesn't get done. But I always have time for playing outside with the boys, or the real important issue get those diapers HUNG IN THE SUN! OH YAH!

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home