Wednesday, April 20, 2005

new view

Good morning. Today I am typing in the living room while sitting on our hearth, in front of our fireplace, with bright sun outside. This week is very summer-like weather wise. Andy moved our computer out here a couple nights ago so we could watch a movie without having to turn the volume way down (cause Sarah would be sleeping just through the door we are a foot away from).
Sarah’s been going to bed earlier – 8:30 pmish – which provides Andy and I some time to hang out before our bedtime. That’s nice. So, the other night when we wanted to watch a movie, he said he could move the computer and I said, ‘how bought I just go borrow a TV and DVD player from upstairs.’ So we did that, but part way through the movie the DVD freezes-kinda and is going ultra slow. Uh. We try a few things, then I return the movie playing set-up and AA moves our computer to the living room. The DVD freezes again, but after retrying it, it finally worked. Yeah. The movie was a Walt Disney movie called the “The Straight Story” about a fellow who drives his lawn mover a very long distance to visit someone – based on a true story. Very slow moving, lots of great scenery, good thoughts/messages. The main character is Richard Farnsworth – who plays Anne of Green Gables’ dad. Thanks Mom A for lending us this one.
My Mom has been doing some gardening out back and this morning Sarah and I took a ‘morning garden tour.’ It’s cool to see her lunge for flowers. It was fun pushing her under the low apple tree too…kinda like a fort/canopy (kinda).
Sarah’s been up a little bit at night again. Crying for about an hour…I go in after 15 min. and reassure her. The first time it was 1 hr. 10 min. and when we decided I’d go in and feed her, she’s just fallen asleep…Then yesterday and a few nights ago, after an hour I’d feed her. But she’s usually sleeping 7 to 9 hours in a row. Yeah.
Vacuumed yesterday – about time – and swept our ‘porch.’ Andy said, “We don’t have a porch.” But I like calling our entryway that anyway. We are growing some herbs outside our door…cool. My sister grew things outside this door when she lived here. Speaking of that…Aimee and Lance (sis and bro-in-law) will be living upstairs for part of the summer…starting in May sometime!
Andy is busier with the garden now and will be stopping by his parent’s place to water etc. most days (every?) after work. I hope to meet him there with Sarah sometimes. I already have my route planned out. Still hoping for a jogging stroller so I can run there.
Random Sarah things:
It really seems her hair is strawberry blonde…has red highlights.
She can really move around…pushes herself forward…and a few times has been on her hands and knees.
Her second tooth is half as tall as her first and they don’t look like they are coming in too symmetrically.
Hey, I never mentioned last Wed. I went to a “Dance Blast’ aerobics class at the Abbotsford Rec. Centre. I let my other club membership expire cause there was too much pressure with having to go there a certain number of times a week for it to be worth the cost in my eyes. This class was so fun. Funny though, we were doing moves inspired by “Flashdance” and “Grease.” More hip shaking that one night than I’ve done in 5 years put together (smile). Tonight is hip hop.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Cara, I loved hearing about what your up to! I understand about the sometimes sleepless nights. Last night Austin wakes up at about 3:30am and just wants me to hold him, so I did. An hour later I finally climbed into bed. He's actually been sleeping a lot better! It will get better, Sarah will figure it out. I want to know what you are planting in your garden. Love, Erin

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is going to be a swap meet in Cloverdale (at the Cloverdale Fair Ground) Saturday. Starting at ten. You might find a jogging stroller there...

5:50 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

Erin, We are planting tomotoes (beefstake and roma, for canning), peppers (in greenhouse), brocolli, kale, lettuce, spinach, swiss chard, beets, peas, beans, various herbs and bananas (just kidding on the bananas...felt like saying that).
We are planning on going to the MEC gear swap on May 1 to look for a stroller. Yeah. Thanks for the tip on the Cloverdale swap, mr. or mrs. miss. anonymous.

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home