Wednesday, June 29, 2005

times of late

Well hello. It’s been a full week which lead into a full weekend which leads to this week, which has also been pretty active – thinking mainly of Tuesday’s re-organizing of many shelves and cupboards.

Andy passed his first aid course – yippee – and went on a backpacking trip Sat.-Sun. We did a bit of gardening together on Fri. night which was lovely. Weeding is a good change of pace for me – and there are always babysitters for Sarah there – thanks Cherie. It was funny how we got there though. Andy had been borrowing his folk’s car cause ours needs brake work done. We didn’t have time to put Sarah’s car seat in the car before he had to pick Cherie up from work, so I took the bus.

Sat. started off with a garage sale in the morning. I got a hurricane lamp, an XL fishing hat that will fit Andy with his bushy hair, some toys that were given to Sarah including misshapen white little bear with a red elf hat the 2 year old at the sale gave her - she seemed to like it. Then we went to Zachariah Harnett’s second b-day party at the park…good to talk to some people there. Sat. evening Mom, Aimee and I went for a walk and after Sarah went to bed we watched ‘While You Were Sleeping’ – we just wanted something ‘nice.’ Then Sun. was very full also…to Central Heights in the morning, out for lunch to the food court (pic here), and a nap and to Vintage church at 5 pm (we were late). They were having a potluck and little meeting after the service so we stayed for most of that as well. Then we went to the HOJ for a Jazz concert by the Mennonite Jazz Committee. I brought Sarah’s bed and baby monitor thinking she could sleep upstairs, but she wouldn’t so it was a late night for her. Then we met up with Andy at home later. They climbed a different peak than planned (Mt. Garibaldi was the plan). Erin, there is still snow up in the Elfin Lakes area. That’s where Andy was…they didn’t need snowshoes though. Email us if you have other questions re: that area. We have a good book for it too. Some summer pics from that hike I found here.

Today, Sarah and I brought the car in to the shop. Drove there without using the brakes – just lower gears and the E-brake to slow down…kinda nerve-wracking but it went ok. The trip home included stopping at a bakery for flax bread cause I was hungry, nursing Sarah a bit at the park and waiting to see if this group of moms from our church would show up on this overcast day (no). I did talk to a 60 yr. man who was playing with his 1.5 yr. old grandson. He is a Christian and was telling me how you don’t need to speak in tongues etc. to see miracles in your life. He attends a Mennonite Brethren church and says he can share miracle after miracle with me…and he did share some. He stressed the importance of love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind and just being available to the Lord, talking to people about the Lord and loving your neighbor. He was a really down-to-earth type guy who was full of joy from God and was sharing it. That was neat…a good encouragement to step out where I think God asks me.

Went the Podiatrist Mon. I will get orthodics. If those don’t help, surgery is the answer, possibly. It was really good going there cause the other theories people had about my foot totally didn’t make sense. So, previously I’d bought these very expensive shoes from the Running Room and I’ve been wearing them inside – oh glorious comfort, I feel I could be on my feet all day. It looks like I’ll be returning them though because *all* of my shoes don’t fit. I need at least 2 pairs of shoes – one pairs for inside and one pair for outside. Our kitchen is concrete with lino on top and not comfy without shoes. My feet have flattened and lengthened with pregnancy and I just have noticed it when I run and walk a lot. My toes were getting bruised. So, the plan is to wait for the orthodics and then go shoe shopping. So, today for my walk home from the Auto body place, I wore Andy’s shoes with my Superfeet insoles J Not bad.

Well, I’m typing this in Word right now cause the internet is down. That’s probably good, cause I’ll head straight to bed now…but I am curious is I have any email :)

Goodnight.
Check out my mom's blog for pics from my weekend.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Cara,
It was so great to see you this weekend at the Harnett Party. It sounds like you are getting the hang of the whole mommy thing :) It's so great to see all the new babies!!
We got home Wednesday around 2. It is so hot here (armstrong) compared to Abbotsford. This afternoon, the sun was still shining and a rain storm hit us out of the blue. That cooled things off considerably. Anyway, see ya again soon, I hope.
Rebekah

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home