Sunday, July 17, 2005

Hi D Ho

Waiting for Andy to come back from Mt. Baker.
I'll tell you about Sat. I participated in Abbotsford's 1st Annual In-Motion walk. It was a great event. Sarah and I did it...she in her stroller. The 8.5 km route was through various trails. It was an overcast day and sprinkled on us a bit. I thought we may have to stop for me to feed Sarah but she was entertained with unzipping her sweater, sucking on it a bit and removing her booties. Including re-booting stops we zipped through the course in 1 hr. and 16 minutes. I talked to another lady for about 15 min., which was nice. Financially the event paid off huge. I won (I think everyone who participated did, cause there were so many prizes and maybe 40 people) 10 admissions to the rec centre - perfect for me. And we were given a 'grab bag' with all these articles and sheets on healthy living and excercises and stuff and a waterbottle (good one) and cheap flashing light, which Sarah liked. Then, after they were serving bran muffins, bagels and organes. They had so many leftover we walked away with a bag full of food. Andy took some of those goodies on his Baker trip. So, that was cool. He was going to go buy bagels.
Yah, that was fun. Can't remember much of the rest of the day.
I joined this thing called FreeCycle which I'm really enjoying and recommend. It's about helping people recycle things for free. You can offer things or requst them. You get emails sent to you (or can choose to go to the site and look at the boards) about what people are giving away or want. I got, today, a very large tin that looks like a milk jug that I will use to store flour in. It's cool for people trying to give away stuff because the person who wants it comes to your house and takes it from you (could be very handy for larger items). Anyway, check it out at FreeCycle. Many cities have these groups. Let me know if you get any good stuff or have any cool giving experiences.
Yahoo! Andy just got back. Have a good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home