Friday, December 30, 2005

hi after Cmas

Hello. Just posted a few photos to catch up. The next batch to go through has over 200 pics in it. Wozers. Went on a fun lights train ride with my folks and Andy and Sarah tonight. It was at Minter Country Gardens in Chilliwack. Had a nice supper at the Cafe there beforehand as well.
Andy has this week off so we've been enjoying that. Our computer just got fixed - it was seizing up real bad there for awhile. So, I look forward to sharing more pictures soon.
Cmas was good but almost everything I was expecting didn't happen, or it happened differently than I thought it would. A few examples:
Cmas Eve service at church was spectacular - not what I'd expected. A highlight for me was our Korean church's involvement with some songs and a dance put on by their youth to the song 'Joyful, Joyful, Lord we Adore Thee' featured on Sister Act - hip-hop dancing, very celebrative.
Not what I was expecting:
Our house was a mess over Cmas, dishes overflowing the counter, livingroom messy.
We were wrapping presents last minute before gatherings, using paper we'd just gotten the day before from other people :)
I didn't sleep during my nap on Cmas day - spent a lot of time in bed at my house and Andy's folk's not sleeping.
Expecting but didn't happen:
Homemade cookies to be served - made by Mom or Mom-in-law.
A walk on Cmas day with my family - Andy and Sarah. Well, I did go part way with A and S, but turned back early to try and rest. Then they returned shortly afterwards...Sarah crying for some reason.
With all these expectations and different things that happened, especially in my own home, like the messy house, it made me think...Cmas comes every year, whether you are ready or not. It happens upon you, in whatever state you're in...and I'm thinking the busy prep-laden side of it. Also, another thought -- Jesus came to a messy, unorganized and 'unprepared' world. Nice picture for me. I need a Savior that can handle that. Come rescue me where I am...in my mess. God, please prepare me - my heart - for Jesus' indwelling, organize my inner self to make you Lord in my life.
Was reminded how I need my daily truth injections today. Had some time in Hebrews 7 learning about my perfect high priest - Jesus - who intercedes for me forever. Yeah.
Finally, today a quote from a senior, found the the Mennonite Brethern Herald. "Feed your soul as carefully as you feed your body."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cara, enjoy reading your blogs. and yes, our Jesus is wonderful in that he loves us unconditionally, and i am sure does not even criticize the "mess" we are sometimes in... also, love seeing the pictures of beautiful Sarah. Love, A. Marge

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home