Saturday, February 04, 2006

big 'ol day...first nations

Hey. Andy's sick so I am doing a lot more these days . He has a nasty throat soreness. Sa and I are good so far. So, here's the run-down of my day. Chopped about 2.5 inches of my hair in the bathroom this morning because the heaviness was getting to me. Can't make it to the salon as AA's not up for babysitting - the cut will do till I get there...or maybe it's good enough. Did dishes, breakfast (sunny boy cereal), tea, laundry, bread (machine). Then AA drove us to city hall so we could participate in this walk called "Walk to Whistler - Spirit of BC". It was howling wind all night and during the day - with rain - and as Andy drove away Sarah's wind/rain shield on the stroller was blown off partially...are we crazy? Anyway, caught the end of the pacific mennonite children's choir singing at the opening and flag raising and then about 8 of us walked to the ice arena. I ended up talking with a lady named Ruth-Ann...who is the wife of Paul Wartman, the president of Columbia Bible College...crazy...good to talk to someone. I walked from there...after a 'warm-up' break and nursing and bathroom for me...through the park to the Trethewey house where there was more going on. I did a rock painting - used a sharpie on a rock to draw a fawn (symbol for gentleness) - and ate some bannock while looking at pictures of Sumas Lake, which is now a "fertile farm grounds". Then home, Sarah to bed after soup. Then I got ready to go ice skating (free skating during certain time block today too) but it was over so I kept driving to something else I'd heard about - Sumas First Nations Art, craft and bake and garage sale. Got the tail end of it - no more bannock left it seemed :) - and saw nifty things including pine needle baskets and dragonfly/bead necklace things. Bought a leather piece to make a pouch and some beads and a used book on finding cutthroat in our area - for AA. Seeing these first nation people reminded me of my time at Blueberry Bible Camp in 1999 and the darkness that seemed to plague the first nations community up there (Fort St. John). Then home for Abrahams quiet hour...all of us sleeping. Then made dinner - a complicated curry thing - with baked yams and potatoes and steamed brocolli. More dishes, laundry and baked chocolate chip bars, played with Sarah, cleaned up, bath, bed...realized I forgot about a party I'd said I'd go to. Called the person - sorry Keela, Cherise - wouldn't have worked anyways with Andy sick.
So, that's the day. No pics... I brought the camera, but it was so wet, I didn't think of getting it out. Thank you God for strength and provision and some neat moments of family togetherness today. Sarah kept giving Andy books to read, but I'd explain that Dad's throat was hurt so he can't read. "You'll have to read it to Daddy, show him your favorite pictures." And she did a bit. We are so thankful for Sarah. I said today that if you name a child like way after they were born I'd name her something that meant joy because she is so extremely joyful. Goodnight.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

What a day - it sounds very interesting. Sorry Andy is not feeling well. Joyful Sarah - Amen to that. I look forward to seeing you all very soon.
Love,
Mom - Grandma

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home