Thursday, March 09, 2006

adventures of late

hopefully this is a quick post before a much needed nap...Here are some adventures we've been having of late...
We applied for a job at Camp Tulahead in Princeton (Andy as maintenance person). They ended up (not stated in original job description) wanting/needing a wife who could work part-time too and so they didn't even interview us. This was a long waiting time for us as we entertained/heard of the position mid-Dec. Been processing this the last 2 weeks.

Lots of baking...since last Fri...fig-oatmeal muffins, choc. chip muffins, scottish oat scones, chocolate cake (a real one with layers and a message on top...Sarah helped pour and mix and decorate), braided bread (fun fun...machine makes the dough, I braid).

watching ducks at boardwalk

Had the Englers over Sun. night. Met them in the park and they came over. Andy out for a movie with his Dad so it was Sarah and I and their family. Fun.

Sarah and I getting over a cold.

My Grandma (Mom's mom) has broken her pelvis, 2 ribs and collarbone...last Sat. from a fall. Updates on my mom's blog. Prayer for a renewed spirit is on my heart today.

Care group on Tues. Opening question was 'what would you do with 3 hours of freetime?' Over half the group would sleep. I said I'd sleep and if I had energy go swimming...haven't done that in months. What would you do? Please comment.

Sarah is learning to play 'pretend'. She also has been signing more for 'toliet' and then goes when she gets on it. Yeah! About to dip into 'Diaper Free' about Natural Infant Hygiene...big old book...i'll prob. have to skim parts.

Mopped today and vaccummed. Design team mtg this morn. Will prob. help with picking fabric colors for some ideas we have for the visual set up of the stage for Easter.

Want to be out in the sun that is playing peekaboo with the clouds and go for a run, but my body says sleep and my babe says 'stick around' cause she's sleeping and you just don't leave the house when you're the one in charge. :)

Tendonitus here again a bit...Felt a little 'down' last few days...more sleep will help. Sarah sleeping through night again...she took a break from that during the worst part of her cold.

6 Comments:

Blogger Aimee said...

Were the muffins you sent me fig oatmeal? Well whatever they were they were incredible. The figs made them taste like cake to me. Delicious. It's been great getting to talk with you more lately. Thanks for the update. Hope you got a good rest. I know how rejuvenating and needed those can be.

I love you. And Andy and Sarah too.

Aimee

2:44 PM  
Blogger Meredith said...

3 whole hours consecutively to oneself??? I would like most in your group SLEEP this cough has been rough. If I weren't tired and sick (which is getting better:)) I would hmm... read, or swimming sounds good, or blog? During those 3 hours the I 'should' things are things you listed as having done lately; dishes, vaccuuming, mopping, laundry, organizing my moved in and unsettled place.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

3 hours to myself. hmmmm. Probably sleep. If for some reason I couldnt sleep. just lounge around in bed reading.

Hope you get over your colds soon. and yippee to Sarah for using the potty and knowing when she has to go!

9:16 PM  
Blogger heidi said...

cara,

i'd just read and try and finish some of the 6 books i have going on right now!

by the way, you guys have really been on my heart lately, what with everything falling through with that camp. i trust that God has an amazing place for you, it's just the waiting and not knowing when that's hard. you're always in my (our) prayers

love heidi (and josh loves you all too!)

7:50 AM  
Blogger Jenn & Wade said...

Hmm, 3 hours all to myself!!!! Wow, what is that?=) I think reading sounds good. Thats awesome that Sarah is so interested in going potty, great accomplishment! Jenn

8:18 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

...read...go to a movie (other than whinnie the pooh)...go to a spa...go to a book store...do yoga....put on music...light candles....celebrate sanity time...call a loved one back home...go on an extra ciricular errand that keeps being put off...drive out to my favorite scenic look out and read...play my flute...relax...thank God....Breathe....connect with my partner....hmmmm I think I need 3 free hours a day...thanks for the fantasy time!!!...Jennifer

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home