Saturday, April 15, 2006

hi again

Boring title, but hey...landed in Abby for Easter celebrations...at the Abrahams...Cherie re-met Sarah and they are friends again now. Tomorrow we meet two new babies at my Dad's folk's house. If you haven't already, check out my Mom's blog for pics of our house. It is a wonderful place to live. A few quotes from me, "I think the trees are good for my soul" on the drive to and from Abby and Princeton. The other quote I must find where I wrote it so I don't mess it up.
Yah, good to have my folks out to help clean...can't imagine were we'd be now without their help. I very much was excited about clean carpets. Painted yesterday...Carol, the director of camp and Andy painted. Andy put all the books in our bookshelf and it's looking quite homey. We have a birdfeeder up and enjoy stellar jays and chickadees. Went for our first run in the neighborhood...down to the end of the lake and back.
I seem to have more energy living in this house with all the windows...that is nice. Were also in Abby Tues night and Wed. for a fundraising dinner for the camp Tues night. The trip back and forth left me (and Sarah, I think) pretty tired and spent and we considered whether we'd come for Easter or not, having just been here. Anyway, the trip out today went well. Did you know you can read books to children in cars if you have the book memorized and have your mirror down and ask them to turn the pages while you read? Also did some 'plays' with a little teddy bear who hibernated in a sun hat. :) Anyway, had a lovely Easter meal and egg hunts here tonight. Sarah found plastic eggs with little people and snacks inside (grape, apricot). Adults found traditional choc. bunnies. Time to put Sarah to bed. Remember, we get our phone, Lord willing, April 18th. Regarding that, it's been very peaceful being disconnected. Thinking of unplugging our phone one day a week for about 6 hours during the day...but as Andy says, we'll prob. get a lot less phone calls, and really enjoy the ones we get. Anyway, ok, that's all.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

I believe the trees are good for your soul. What a blessing - I wish I could have brought some home. We are so happy that we could come up and give you guys a hand. Happy work bee.

Love you lots,
Mom

1:24 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

It's fun to watch you move into your dream. Such a wonderful opportunity for Sarah to grow surrounded by nature.

Get an answering machine and turn off your phone ringer. Nothing worse than someone going "I tried to call you but couldnt get through" when they had important news.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Julene said...

Hi Cara :-) It's great to hear that you have arrived safely ... what fun to begin a new chapter. Makes the world seem new again, especially while watching it through the eyes of Sarah. You are a beautiful lady, Cara Abrahams. Love Julene

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home