Thursday, June 19, 2008

lay down already :)

Hi. I'm physically getting better, but now I have the challenge of continuing to listen to my body and stop doing things when I feel tired/dizzy/headachy. And Andy is so busy with camp work right now that it is hard for me to leave a pile of dishes for him to clean up who knows when. We had laundry on the line for 2 days, for example...so, in a few ways I feel it would be nice to have someone here taking care of us again. But, the main thing is that I need to be disciplined to slow down and actually lay down. Andy takes Sarah to work in the afternoon and then I sleep for an hour or so.
We had a date yesterday. There are very few restaurants here in Princeton and out of those few, I can probably say none of them we are excited about going to, so we got pizza and ate it in the car by the river. Sarah was crying when I left her at the babysitters and then she ended up sleeping for an hour while she was there. We had had a big day in town for some appointments as well.

We had visitors today - A Mom I know from town and her 3 boys. two 3 yr. olds (twins and a 5.5 yr. old.) The boys loved our trails, chickens, we showed them our brocolli plants and went to the beach. They all left with wet feet :) They also really enjoyed playing with the Playmobil set in the house. This was the first visit I had from people from town and it was great to see them.

I'm getting a few pictures in the scrapbook and it's neat to see it come together.

Seeing my Mom's camping trip makes me long for an away from home break/vacation, but that will have to wait, as we are heading into our busy season. We watched a kayaking video from the library...one day it would be fun to try that.

So, we appreciate prayers for me to rest when I need and us as camp starts. Staff arrive this evening.

Ever since putting the greenhouse plastic on, Sarah has been afraid of the wind...even if hearing the trees way up above being blown by the wind. So, for our sanity and hers we are avoiding the extremely windy times of day outside and still getting out there, of course, to hopefully get her used to the wind again. I end up wrapping her up, but even the breeze on her face she doesn't like...hmm. We talk about what the wind is good for - keeping the mosquitos away...and I introduced the song with the line, "...and the trees of the fields will clap their hands..." which can only happen with the wind's help. Taking the pinwheel outside has been good too.

Lay down time :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

There's a book (I think Robert Munsch?) called millicent and the wind. I think Sarah would really enjoy the posetive story and could possibly even relate to it as it is about a girl who lives up a hill outside of town. Maybe you could get it from the library.
Thinking of you... M

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home