Tuesday, December 16, 2008

a mumble jumble post of a few things in my head

We lit the advent candles yesterday in lieu of Sunday but didn't read our reading. It's one we have to make four-year old friendly. Sarah spent some time downstairs yesterday on the account that I can't carry her upstairs and Andy wasn't home when we got back from town. It was nice to be downstairs for a bit.
Our Cmas tree is drinking a lot of water. I enjoy watering it. Our house seems difficult to keep warm. The living room and of course upstairs is warm, but the kitchen is cold (putting on the fan helps this too). I often have cold feet even though I'm in fleece slippers, jogging pants (my uniform), sweater. But, once I got up and around doing laundry that helped...movement. Our wood stove is devouring wood. Andy is keeping the box stocked up more. It is minus 25 C this morning. There is ice on the inside bottom of our patio door from humidity on that door. If things warmed up quickly, there would be a puddle on the carpet. Interesting. Andy has some belgium endives growing under the kitchen sink (the place that was the right temperature). The grew the root like a carrot in the summer and now planted the root in wet sand and when it warms up it grows and we can eat in salads and stuff (can braise it a little bit, he says...similar to the inner part of a romaine heart but more blanched).
I have much to do to prepare for Cmas still, and don't know what will happen with that but it was good to do some cards today. Sarah was my chief present wrapper. I miss her playful self. The house is clean as she hasn't played with toys in days. She enjoyed using stickers today that I found in the house for her.
That's all for now. Sarah and I are reading lots of books. She lays in bed and I read.

2 Comments:

Blogger Naomi said...

I hope Sarah is doing better.
Do you have any plastic on your windows? We got some that you put on the inside and it makes such a temp difference.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

A card and box of things is on the way for Sarah. Sent last wednesday 17th I think.

I hope she is recouperating as are you.

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home