Monday, July 04, 2005

more teeth

Sarah cut 2 more teeth this weekend (on bottom) and was cutting 2 more (on top) today...I'm pretty sure. She was definately more emotional.
This weekend Andy was hiking on Fri. Sarah and I went to the Canada Day Parade...she wearing a red and white outfit. I borrowed a red shirt from mom's closet upstairs and we had a red fleece blanket with white snowflakes wrapped around us, as it was a little chilly. She was really tired, but I think she found the parade interesting. She liked the fancy buttons on the shirt I was wearing :) All the different floats got me thinking of the organizations they represent within Abby. The Ba'Hai float was playing cool music and said, "Many races, one faith" and "World Peace" - pretty agreeable. The Christian enterage was colorful but the song they were singing was kinda abrasive, I found (in how it was delivered)....too bad.
Sat. we had pancakes in the morning (haven't done that in ages), went to the Abb. farmer's market quickly where we bought yummy rye bread...I had a later nap while Andy and Sarah went to the garden.
Sun. Andy went fishing in the morning and we headed out to MEC, crunching numbers on the way. We discovered we couldn't afford what we were planning on getting so we turned off at the Aldergrove exit and talked and got a 10 pack of timbits (Andy had been craving them) to celebrate how God has provided for us. Then we drove back to Abby to go for a walk, visit the garden and have a quick nap before church at 5 pm. The church service was really small and they did something different than usual which was neat. The chairs where in a semi-circle with hymn books underneath (which got me super excited). The pastor talked about prayer some and we had a group disscusion about being genuine and authentic, about community etc. and then we broke into groups and prayed for one another. It was neat. Sarah and I spent some time at the back, as she needed to roam a bit. She even had some dinner (solids) in the back and during prayer time/talking.
Today was a bit crazy feeling, as there was no morning nap had by Sarah. We did manage to get out for a run and I made a curry-millet dish with coleslaw (with our fresh brocolli) for dinner. It feels like I've been killing a lot of bugs lately. Favorite way to remove bugs from the house is to trap them and transport them to outside, but when that's inconvient or I don't have time I will kill them. I don't like hard-shelled ones. The other night as I nursed Sarah in the middle of the night I see a spider crawl out from under the bed, then a beetle...oh my, midnight bug party...squish, squish...bye bye bugs. Our organic produce from our garden has living creatures I must watch for too...juicy caterpillar things, aphids....one night I missed one caterpillar guy and he was steamed to death and I found him on my plate.
What else? Wrote some encouragement cards to people at camp today.
Decided to keep those comfy runners we'd bought and I'll look for a pair of cheaper shoes for inside. Holding off on orthodics for now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to let you know I was here and have enjoyed reading your blog once again.

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home