Tuesday, March 21, 2006

a dream is born

The dream of our family doing full-time camp ministry that is! Unexpected turn of events, but we got a job at Camp Tulahead in Princeton (Andy as the caretaker, maintenance guy). They ended up calling us back, as the first set of people they interviewed didn't work out. We had an interview last Fri. night and on Sun. got a call offering us the job. They were looking for the 'best fit' in terms of a couple to work there and I guess we were that. We are thrilled. It's been a rollar coaster ride, coming to this point. It is a 2 year commitment we've made. Andy gave his 2 weeks notice at work yesterday and we'll be moving April 1st! My tendonitus is acting up again...yesterday was frustrating...putting Sarah to bed...up and down out of the playpen...ouch, she got to bed only at 10 pm...kept wanting to go to the toliet, but produced nothing. "She's playing you," Andy said.
So, we've got boxes here already and I should stop typing to save some energy for daily life. Any local people who want to help pack and clean...I wouldn't refuse you.
One thing I get excited about re: our new location: seeing the stars. Seems like it's been so long since I've seen a totally dark sky.
We'll be the only people on site other than the director and her parents, who are in their 80s, so it will be very remote. Town is 20 min. away and they only have dial-up internet...hmm. I'm still smiling. We are ready for this grand adventure. Thanks for your prayers during this packing up time and for your rejoicing with us. Thank you God. I remember praying in bed a few weeks ago with longing, "God, would you bring us to a camp this year?" You have God - THANK YOU.

So, yah, starting to pack of course and things seem a little 'crazy.' I'd appreciate prayers for my mental and physical health...harder to sleep with tons of stuff on my mind.

Sat. went to the aquarium in Van! Nice time. Andy took some buddies from work climbing on Sun.

13 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Wowie! Princeton!...hurray!...what fun!...J

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to hear this!!! (not happy you're going, but that a camp thing is finally happening for you!)

-Alvin

2:16 PM  
Blogger Alvin & Denise Engler said...

congrats you guys! this is very exciting for you!!! so glad that things turned for you. :)
we are going to miss you though! -de

2:19 PM  
Blogger Meredith said...

Yay!! I wish I knew just a smidge sooner I could have sent Andy home with boxes on Sunday when he came and got books. I have since recycled them:( I will miss you and wish you the best.

4:21 PM  
Blogger heidi said...

oh, WOW! that has so been my prayer for you guys, as well! Praise God! wish i was there to help you pack...prayers always with you guys

love

--heidi

8:08 PM  
Blogger Bekah said...

Congrats! I'm so happy that you guys are finally gonna live that dream. You'll be a little closer to us :) Keep plugging away at the packing, You will eventually be done and then you can unpack! yeah. I'll be praying for your strength and perseverance.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Cherie said...

Im so excited for you guys, I cannot wait to see you in a few weeks, ill come by and visit! love you!
cherie

1:48 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Praise God for 'giving you a camp'. I'm very happy for you and look forward to visiting. Have to figure out how to send hugs to Sarah through the internet or phone lines.

Love you guys,

Mom K

10:08 AM  
Blogger sct said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:03 PM  
Blogger sct said...

Hey Guys,

That's great news! I'm really excited for you. I know people around Abby will miss you, but this means you're just a little bit closer to us... maybe only a three and half day drive now!

Blessings on this new adventure.

Scott

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Seeing the Stars..... Totally Dark sky." What an additional blessing!

Ps 19:1-2
1 The heavens declare (Shout)the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
2 Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge.
(NIV)

Learn a few constellations and in a truly dark sky, with binoculars, I can show you a miriad of beautiful, awesome objects that He has placed in our universe. Star clusters, dust clouds, galaxies and more.

God Bless You on your new adventure.

Love,
Dad A.

8:31 AM  
Blogger lil said...

So happy for you, Andy and Cara!! May God meet you in new ways in this new place! May you share alot of enthusiam with the kids you meet. There are so many needy ones out there, and I pray you can speak into their lives!

11:28 AM  
Blogger alexa said...

Congratulations! I found your site through Julene's. I graduated with Andy and we are planning our 10 year reunion for this summer. Have Andy check out this site http://meigrad96.blogspot.com

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home