Friday, March 10, 2006

sneaky trick

Often it's cold when I go back to bed in the morning after Andy leaves for work...so I make some hot waterbottles (lexan nalgenes filled with super hot tap-water). The sneaky trick part of this is that when I climb back in bed for my nap, the waterbottles are still warm and have left the blankets and mattress warm too. nice.
Got that run in yesterday...had been awhile. It was perspective changing which was really good. Andy and I had a 'free' date last night. We 'sent' Sarah upstairs, watched a movie and enjoyed fresh homemade (co-op made by us) rhubarb apple crumble. Thought I should clear out the bit of rhubarb from the freezer since the stuff in the backyard is starting to 'arise.'
Went to visit my grma today with my mom in the hospital, with Sarah too. So good to see Grma, Grpa too. A few things she said, about being moved so much and feeling like a 'cast off' made me think that it'd be good if the hospital had a human relations person that just went around asking how people's stays at the hospital were going...like for the purpose of trying to improve in any way they could people's experiences. A lot you probably couldn't change, but at least the people there would know they are listened to and the employees/hospital wants to do the best they can to make it a pleasant experience.
Reading from this morn. that I was encouraged by...highlighted parts are what struck me.
1 Peter 1:3-5 New Living Translation
"
All honor to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for it is by his boundless mercy that God has given us the privilege of being born again. Now we live with a wonderful expectation because Jesus Christ rose again from the dead. For God has reserved a priceless inheritance for his children. It is kept in heaven for you, pure and undefiled, beyond the reach of change and decay. And God, in his mighty power, will protect you until you receive this salvation, because you are trusting him. It will be revealed on the last day for all to see. So be truly glad! There is wonderful joy ahead, even though it is necessary for you to endure many trials for a while."

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Nalgenes do stay warm quite a while - I've used one for a water bottle just a bit ago when I had a tummy ache. Tricky lady.
I'm happy you have movement and the Word to encourage you and help adjust persepctive. Thank God.

Love,
Mom

11:22 AM  
Blogger Jeremy J Harnett said...

What a great version of that passage! YAY!! What an amazing gift/promise- reason to be JOYFUL!
I love that you find hope and inspiration for your daily grind in the WORD, just like I choose to do. Sometimes, it is a heap of help to living "the grind" when a good friend (like you) reminds me of these precious words of LIFE!

From one Persevering Pligrim to another,
Tanya!

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home