Sunday, April 29, 2007

a day in summer

Hello.
These are some shots from our trip into Penticton and Summerland last Mon.
A self-portrait of me cause I wanted a record that A. and S. didn't just do the trip alone and hire a photographer :) Andy and Sarah near Skaha Lake where we reheated soup we'd brought along for supper. Also, Sarah enjoyed a few playgrounds this day.

Mom and Dads, what follows is bits and pieces from an email I sent you earlier, so just a warning, if you think you've read this before, you have! :)

We had a good shopping/playing day in Summerland and Penticton
S. and I went out for coffee with a friend who was
lifeguarding here last summer in Summerland.
S. and I found a park and later where picked up by Andy after he had done some garden store hunting. Then to Penticton and to the health food store and thrift store. The weather was very summery. Such good weather I kept saying we should be camping, staying overnight. It was windy in the evening, but nice.

We met (S. and I) a man playing saxophone in the park. He played 'pop goes the weasel' for Sarah. He was probably 65 yrs. old, wearing black t-shirt and jeans (also black). I imagined the shirt was from some live jazz player he'd seen. He had his 4 inch pile of music propped up on his 'gary fisher' (nice bike) bicycle seat which was leaning against the cement wall of the public bathroom (outside). He had silvery hair. His skateboarder helmet hung from his bike handle bars.

We skipped naps so were pretty out of it for some of the day(S. and I) which included S. crying during dinner cause curious ducks were coming to close and making her 'frustrated' as she said. Also, she fell while walking in the not-in-use waterpark and got a couple of scrapes and a bruise from the big rocks in the cement.

I enjoyed a nice break while A. and S. shopped on their own primarily in the health food store while I did my own collecting there.


4 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

It strikes me that Sarah has such an interesting and wholesome life with her wilderness lovin family. Love the picnic by the rock picture. Happy Happy. Cara - way to go getting yourself in the pictures - a mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do :)

Love you all,
Mom/Grandma Kathy

8:42 PM  
Blogger Miranda said...

your post makes me wanna picnic now :)

5:15 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

So cute!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

thanks for the update.
we have gone through my girls closet and S is about to inherit a large box of clothes....if only I can get a box to send it in soon that is.

ps to Kathy, the wholesomeness of this family's life has always struck me as very inspirational.

Be well.

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home