Monday, December 03, 2007


Hello.
This is going to be our Christmas tree. Andy cut it down today and it's becoming more dry in the laundry room currently.
We've had a dump of snow and today Andy was using the snow blower in order for us to make it out the driveway and into town. The tractor's tire is being replaced.
I sang a song at our church's ladies night on Friday. That was a nice night. We had a silent auction to raise money for sending a gift to missionaries our church supports.
Also, we got a new 'secret sister' whom we are to encourage and pray for this year.
I was given a poinsetta for helping out and that was cool cause I was thinking it'd be neat to have one this year.
A lot of our Christmas preparations are done, which is really nice. We've started some advent things - candle, reading through a book, pulled out our 2 nativity scenes - the stuffed one I made to play with and our breakable one. Mary was upstairs last night in Sarah's room.
I don't think I mentioned on here that Sarah's sleeping in our walk-in closet. We closed off her big room in early Oct. to save on heating costs and the what heating costs our environment as well. We hung a curtain in the doorway and she sleeps under our hanging clothes and her boxes of clothes are at her feet. It's been working out very well - it's kind of cozy all being so close together. She woke up the night Andy babysat wet (we've been trying a few nights sleeping in underwear). She'd had lots of tea before bed and not much to eat he said. Then we were up at 6 am. "I'm hungry" she says, so we eat and go back to sleep again.
Oh yes. I'm feeling better in spirit. The bright snow is nice.
"One day I would like to make sausage." is the quote of the evening from Andy.
Sarah has been enjoying dancing and hanging things and reading book outloud that we've read in the past. Today we had wraps - we hadn't had those in a while. That was nice.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anika Lacerte | The Handcrafted Story said...

Cara, I confess I have been stalking your blog, and not commenting. So I decided I would comment this time. Isn't it nice to get comments? I wanted to tell you that I like how you talk about the "little/everyday" things that happen during your days. And I really like this picture of Sarah with your tree!

9:07 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Cara, Thanks for all the recent blogging. I enjoy it more than you know. It helps me feel connected and not too far away. The tree is wonderful. I wish we could get such pretty trees out here! Many of our Christmas preparations are done too! We came upon some gifts naturally in the summer. Most of my decorations are up but dad wants a real tree so we'll wait a little on that so it will last into January. I have my 'little forest' he gave me by the fireplace and manger scene. Sunday night, 1st Advent, we watched the Nativity movie. It was lovely. Tell Andy that I have an antique meat grinder (my Great Grandmas) that she used to make sausage with. He'd be welcome to try it and have it on long term loan. I'v only ever used it for green tomato mincemeat. Yum.
Bless you Cara. What song did you sing? Did Sarah see the birds and squirrel on my blog?

Love you all,
Mom/Grandma Kathy

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home