Friday, November 02, 2007

question

What do you think?
Hi. While at MEC in Calgary I picked up this pair of shoes for $50 (they were 40% off). They have a good return policy, so currently I am wearing them some in the house and trying to make up my mind.
You see, they are not fully functional for some activities...I guess you would say they are perhaps not very practical.
They are not waterproof, have no laces and could get dirty very easily (the mesh).
The pros are that they are extremely comfortable. They are more comfortable than my current indoor shoes. I have a pair of indoor shoes that I wear indoors. Because of my foot problems I get uncomfy feet very quickly unless I am wearing shoes with my orthodics.
They are quick to take on and off, making it more appealing to actually wear them. Sometimes I try to get away with wearing slippers indoors - too 'lazy' to switch my insoles and lace up my indoor shoes.
I think they would be my new indoor shoes which I would occasionally wear to dress up events (ya, ya, I could call these dress up shoes).
I just hope I haven't fallen in love with them because of their image. I had originally seen myself wearing them in town...maybe one day, but winter is upon us and then it's boot season.
See, the other fact is I actually need winter boots...and maybe hiking boots too, but we haven't hiked in years (hiking that I'd need boots for).
Andy actually needs shoes in a bad way...his shoes are falling apart. We are getting boots and shoes for him next weekend.
The company (Keen) who made the shoes, looks decent as well. For example, their box is made minimally as to not consume more resources than need be.
Comments?

5 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

I think they are cute. They feel good and are easy to pop on. That makes for long term use. They seem to be a three season outdoor shoe - but not so much for hiking. If you can have several shoes/boots for different things it extends the life of each. I think you'd get a lot of mileage out of them.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Meredith said...

I also think they are cute and, practical in an indoor way. I can totally see them as dress-y also. I hope you keep them and if not I want them!! :) lol

8:06 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

what size are you meredith?
thanks for the comments k and m. :)

1:01 PM  
Blogger Meredith said...

I am mostly a nine, rarely a 10. In shoes.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Aimee said...

I think they are great shoes for all the reasons you listed. If you can swing it financially I think it would be a good idea to keep them.

totally a cara dress shoe. Very cute - I like keen shoes, so unique. and great for better (and quicker) foot support inside.

see you soon.

aimee

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home