Thursday, May 19, 2005

fresh day and Christmas

Nice rainy-off-and-on-day today. Got a walk in with Mom A. before it rained. We went in the Ravine park (beautiful in there) and to a kids consignment store. The jogging stroller works great on the trails. With our other stroller it would take 'forever' to get through there and it would be very bumpy for Sarah. New possibilities we have now.
Felt like Christmas today because Aimee and Lance came to the front door with a gift. It wasn't wrapped...Aimee was hiding it behind her skirt. They gave me a guitar stand! It was so cool. I had put an ad out at our church for a couple of things and Lance happened to read it and they bought me a stand. This will help me play more...in fact I played today already...a song I wrote last summer - took a bit to recapture those elusive chords that escape my memory.
Sarah's had a bit of a cold so isn't eating many solids the last few days. She looks kinda cute and a little doopy with her mouth hanging open to breathe through it. Today we were reading a book and she liked it so much she was grabbing it to 'eat' it. I held it in place, but then her grip won out and it bounced off her nose. She got a paper cut on her nose...from a cardboard book. I tinsy bit of blood there now...a scab. Last night the 'nightime train' (putting Sarah to bed) took 2 hrs...tonight only 1 hr.
Andy was away from the house about 13 hrs. yesterday...still has gardening to do every evening after his course. I think Sarah misses him sometimes. Pure speculation, but in the evening it's like she is looking around saying, "Where is that guy?"
Yeah for tomorrow being the last day of it and then we are off to an annual vacation with my Dad's side of the family!
Oh, yesterday had a good walk with my cousin Erin and her 2 boys...in the rain. A bit of playing in the house too. At one point I was playing with Austin (was a year in Feb) and Sarah and Nic (was 3 yrs. in Feb) was watching us. I was finding out what kind of noises our noses made when we touched them (I'd make up a sound)...and at one point Austin laughed. I saw Nic just look over at him and smile. It was neat to see how he enjoyed seeing his brother have fun.
MMmmm, these are good vegetables I'm eating...haven't had any all day. They make me feel fresh. Well, I still have a bunch to do to get ready for this get-a-way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home