Monday, September 12, 2005

today

The morning came before I was ready for it - Sarah woke up an hour early - and I thought she may go back to sleep earlier...no, not till 11am. Talked to my mom a bit.
Last night we were up there and Steven made up this song for Sarah, it was fun.
Ran to the garden to water and pick tomatoes again. Noticed on the way that plums are a good deal at Thumpers. May make plum jam...I like it. Saw Dad and James who took care of Sarah. Then Mom came home and visited with us. Took the bus home.
Crazy messy dinner-time for Sarah as I made babyfood and had my ryvita and beans dinner. Sarah was stuffing food in her face...she was pretty tired - and hungry - and rubbing her face...eating blobs of cereal mixture and fresh cooked brocolli. Took me probably 10 min. to clean up the mess. :) She only had an hour and a half nap, and I didn't really want her having an evening nap, like she did the other night...slept from 6 - 10 pm and then we bathed her and back to bed for the night. So I tried to keep her up. Meant to cook, but it didn't happen. Maybe have corn later.
So she ended up in bed, after a bath, only 1/2 hr. early.
New thing Sarah did today was stand up with out holding onto anything. She looked all proud of herself to. She'd squat, then stand and make a little sound so I would look and her eyebrows would be up and she'd look all excited.
Ouchie...no more typing for now, arms hurt. Bye.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Very cool about the squat stand. Ever closer to walking since she doesn't require something to hold onto. OH BOY more fun just around the corner! Kids are great!Sometimes the word verification makes me feel dislexic :)
I love you,
Mom

9:46 PM  
Blogger heidi said...

cara,

hey, maybe sarah will be taking her first steps by her 1st birthday!! missing you guys a lot lately, wishing i wasn't one of the aunties missing from Sarah's birthday party. make sure and give her hugs and kisses from me okay? (and from josh too) :) love you, hope your husband-less week goes by smoothly!

--heidi

12:13 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

Thanks Mom and Heidi.
I've been getting into somewhat of a routine "Andy-less", but he's not here to help me slow down. Hm, have to pace myself a bit more.

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home