Monday, July 17, 2006

chips and fish and vinegar

Ahh...I am so frustrated right now. I put an 'ad' out for an inexpensive bike trailer via MEC.ca and recieved word from someone in Merritt (less than an hour away) selling one for $70. But I got the message a few days after he sent it cause I'd put my secondary email on the ad which I don't check every day.
Erg, just heard back from him and he sold it over the weekend already.
Ok, now I feel a little better, just sharing that.
Sarah and I went into town with Andy in the pickup truck today for the dump/bread/milk run for camp. Got personal groceries too. Feeling much better. Sarah slept all through the night (been happening lately) and is not ready for a nap yet and is playing very tiredly. I'm trying to figure out flight(s) to Edmonton to see the Odegards in Aug. May drive with my folks one way...too many options...all this flight stuff...out of Abb. is good but there's this one flight that has us stuck in Calgary for the night - that won't work that great.
Anyway...too tired to make decisions. I bet Andy will have some ideas.
Oh, Sarah and I are spending a week in Abb. from July 22-29.
I wrote in my journel that I must be getting better because I'm not sleeping very well again. I'll lay in bed thinking...I've been noticing our bed sagging some too (Andy's on that with some plywood or something and maybe save up for another bed too).
That's all for now, maybe try to make this naptime happen soon.
Random title just for fun....

5 Comments:

Blogger heidi said...

....pepper pepper pepper salt..(the other half of the song that you used in your title; i'm sure andy remembers it well) thanks for the updates! i haven't checked blogs in awhile, so was happily surprised with 3 new posts. you must be excited for your trip back down to abby...for us it's still one year away & seems TOO long! miss you guys, but think of you and pray for you often.

love heidi (& baby stew too!)

8:24 AM  
Blogger sct said...

hi cara, read your note about the sagging bed problem. we have the same problem and i was having a really hard time rolling out of it in my pregnant state BUT this weekend scott put plywood between the mattress and box springs and then I put the mattress topper from the hideabed on it and Ta Da! I feel like I am sleeping at the Hilton now! I hope it works out for your bed too!

5:47 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Hi Cara, I have found your blog and check it now and then. Just thought I would let you know that I enjoy being able to keep up with you guys every now and then. Our blog is www.thehannahcaelynfanclub.blogspot.com if you would like to check it out. We really miss you guys in care group but I am glad for you and it looks great there. Beautiful!

4:11 PM  
Blogger Jen S. said...

Hi Cara
I check your blog once and awhile. It's fun! Hope you don't mind. anyway, it's really neat you are at Tulahead. My youth group at Abby Evangelical Free used to go there for our retreats. I have fond memories, especially the stars at night! they are amazing.
So, just reading about your busy summer in the post below. ... grad reunions! are you and Andy coming to MEI's? I hope so. We'd love to get your reply ASAP...
Thanks Cara. Take care.
-Jen

9:28 PM  
Blogger rachel joy said...

Jen, I share your great memories from Tulahead! That hike up to the cross behind the camp is one of my favourites anywhere. Not too hard and such a great reward at the top.

Cara, I don't know you well, but your blog is so neat to follow. I love your writing style.

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home