Thursday, May 24, 2007

weekend vacation and Abraham's visit

We had a lovely weekend in Naramata, with my Dad's side of the family. It is a yearly trip we do, a vacation together. We've been to Naramata before. It is a favorite spot. It is a neat place with cabins on a lake and the kids can run freely without us having to watch for cars or anything.
We stayed in a duplex cabin with the Schulz's on our side and the Odegards and my folks on the other side. It was fun to see all Sarah's cousins again, and of course the bigger family and cousins, aunts, uncles as well.
Highlights include sleeping in a very comfortable bed. Too bad I forgot my pillow and had trouble sleeping one night till 4am when I got a sweater to use as a pillow instead. So there were some moments of 'hitting the wall' exhaustion that weekend.
Also enjoyed a great swim in the pool and a family canoe ride on the lake. Oh, I hope one day Sarah gets used to swimming. She didn't want to venture in the pool.
We took advantage of being in a bigger city and got groceries from a few stores, one being our favorite, "Whole Foods Market" in Penticton. We got huge bags of organic quick oats and whole wheat flour and replenished the supply of fair trade chocolate, included Sarah's supply - she got some with her b-day money recieved on the Naramata trip (we celebrate everyone's b-days there).
Sometime I will post pics of that trip - there are lots and it's tricky to sort through them.
Cherie and Mom and Dad Abrahams came to our house Monday evening. I took Mom, Cherie and Sarah on a rowboat ride. As I was opening the boathouse door the already broken door fell of it's hinge completely and landed on the stairs leading up to the boathouse. I was thanking God later that it didn't land on me and that no one was on those stairs (they were helping S. out of the stroller).
So we had a good boat ride, complete with a snack of pumpkin tea bread and apples.
Dad A. went for a hike on his own while Andy worked.
In the evening, after a long nap in the afternoon for S. and I, they took us out for Greek food in town. That was nice. Then a little walk by the river and a teeter-totter ride with Grma A. on one side and me and Sarah on the other side. I hadn't gone 'up high' on a teeter-totter for some time. It was high :)
Last night was the first night after 5 nights that we were sleeping in a building that held just our family. Today is our first full 'just family' at home day since Friday as well. We will do laundry and maybe make bread and go to the beach and see how the boat house repair is doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home