Thursday, January 15, 2009

12 weeks, just about

So, many of you have heard, we are expecting again. I will be 12 weeks on Fri., tomorrow.

Pregnany so far:

So, I've gone through the extremely tired phase, and easing into being pregnant in terms of what to do with my brain, after having our last pregnancy end at 15 weeks. I have now landed in a excited frame of mind. The major nauseousness I think is behind me, although I still feel nauseous from time to time. Breakfast is very important...eat in the morning. Yeah.

When we first told Sarah she was hesitant and it was just as she was getting better from her Dec. sickness. A few days later she asked me, "Do you think we'll have to do another balloon?" and then the next day, "Do you think we'll have to make another scrapbook?" (both things we did to remember Karina...letting a helium balloon go off into the air at her memorial and making a scrapbook). I told her I we don't know, but I really hope we don't have to do those things and I also explained people make scrapbooks for many reasons...even to celebrate people who are living. We've talked about how we are praying that the baby will be healthy and grow to full newborn size and be born then, so we can meet him/her but that if that doesn't happen, God will continue to take care of us.

Sarah has seemed to be excited and very giggly lately and I wonder how much of that is her excitement about a new sibling. She often says "3 people are dancing" or baking or skating, whatever we are doing, meaning me, her and the baby.
She also loves to put together gifts, almost daily, and now is giving Andy and I some gifts that are 'for the baby' (from her old baby toys and books).

We already had our first midwife appt. on Dec.23rd, making it an epic day of driving to Kelowna for the appointment, then to Abbotsford for Christmas. The midwife was very understanding and showed an appropriate reponse when she heard of our loss...there are a few midwives there, so we'll alternate between two or so of them. We'd never met this midwife before.

I've also gone through a bit of food craving stuff. One craving was samosas, encouraged by Heidi's blog, I think. We've learned how to make them which is wonderful and make them not too spicy so Sarah enjoys them too. I do not enjoy the smell of oil heating up in the cast iron and eating greens I do, but not the full serving I used too. I like mixing them in with other things (kale in spaghetti sauce, for example).
I've had itchy legs too and my bladder is definately smaller (or pushed on or something), making my nightly bathroom trips double from 2 times to 4 times a night.

I'm definately being more cautious and have a few boundaries in place like not pulling Sarah on the tobaggan uphill. Sarah's been enjoying some more adrenaline rush-like runs on the togaggan. We climb up to the top of a hill or snowbank and I send her down. Yesterday we were polar bears and we used the sled for 'the first time,' since we're bears.'

I've trimmed back how long we stay in town too. We were going to two programs a trip, but now it's mainly "Strong Start". I think Sarah enjoys that the most. It's more structured and she's been getting really excited about going lately, including crying one day when I told her it wasn't in the plan to go.

I've been really tired, as I've had trouble sleeping at night...sometimes I can't get comfortable, I'll just lay there awake...and I'll be dizzy sometimes during the day too. Dizziness is what happens to me when I'm too tired.

Anyway, we went ice skating at the arena yesterday and today I need to do some housework as we have a little friend (4 years old) coming for a visit tomorrow...and her Mom and one month old baby brother. The weather forcast said, "freezing fog" here this morning.

Been resting and napping too and some reading too.

I've already grown too, of course, in size and am in some maternity clothes already.

10 Comments:

Blogger Jenn & Wade said...

Cara, Andy and Sarah, we are so excited for your news, I didn't know you were expecting until I read your blog, CONGRATULATIONS! I will be praying for health for the baby and you and for a sense of excitement without fear! I remember those days, I had a hard time with being excited until after I had reached the 20 week mark of when we lost our baby....thats also why I waited until I was about 18 wks before we told people. May you feel peaceful and full of joy!! =)

12:56 PM  
Blogger carolyn and steve said...

We love you guys so much and are excited to hear about your little one. We will be praying for you and your family. I know that Sarah will be an amazing big sister.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Aimee said...

loved this update cara! We are excited and praying too. I loved hearing about how sarah talks about three people doing this or that.

love, aimee

3:25 PM  
Blogger Taxi Driver said...

Cara, I'm thrilled to hear your news! I really struggled with "not feeling excited" for quite a while, too. But there does come a time when the joy of having that little one with you changes the way you feel. So glad to hear it....praying for you and joyful with you.
-Tamara

3:25 PM  
Blogger heidi said...

aha! so its on the blog now, which must mean i can tell people?!! i get a big smile on my face whenever i think of the wee little one growing inside of you. i have a box of used maternity clothes to send your way....hopefully soon :)

love you,
-heidi

6:03 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I am excited to hear of your new baby growing, so far strong and healthy.

Prayers for your health as well.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

We are also very excited over here and we pray every day for the dear little baby growing inside.

Once again, I am in love already.

Love to each of you,
Mom

2:14 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Congratulations Cara!

Got your letter the same day as this post.

Take Care dear.
xox

6:34 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Congratulations you guys! It was nice to hear someone writing about some of the same things I have been feeling lately too, as I am 15weeks along. Nice to have others along for the ride!

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations you guys!!!

Will now go read your most recent post too. (:

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home