Thursday, February 03, 2005

to sleep, perchance to wake...

perchance to wake...perchance to wake...perchance to wake...That's what it felt like today. It seemed every time I got to laying down Sarah was ready to get up. Never felt fully refreshed when I woke up...feels like it's been a few days like this. oh yes.

ppppfffttt......is the new sound Sarah has started making by blowing her lips together to vibrate - the kind of pucker a trumpet player has to get going. Do you know what I mean? What do you call this? Anyway its cute and whatever spit is on her mouth ends up on her lips and face.
She is drooling lots and loves chewing on things. I brought her to the book shelf today and asked her to pick a book. There are two with handles she could grab. I helped her grab the soft one and she confirmed how much she liked it during our story time by trying to see how much of it she could stuff into her mouth. I thought, boy, you could start doing ads for Grandpa for the baby books at his store.

With Sarah's arms being more coordinated she grabs things better...like me. I'll lay my head on her chest and she'll give me a 'head hug.' So sweet. And sometimes I let her feel my face...exploring and learning. And when I pick her up out of bed her little arms go around my neck...and she likes to grab my hair...yes, I understand why some moms go for short cuts.

Denise and Joshua and I caught the good weather this morning for a walk around the lake and this evening was cool - out for Chinese with Grandpa and Grandma Klassen, Ben and Jacqueline and Travis and Brandee...who are expecting their first child in August! Congrats guys!

2 Comments:

Blogger Alvin & Denise Engler said...

raspberries! so fun! :) -de

8:25 AM  
Blogger opinionated said...

Oh, how well I remember those days and how glad I am they are over! (Mother of five, now grandmother of seven)

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home