Thursday, September 15, 2005

not home much

Design team (see Sept. 9 entry, near bottom for what that is) meeting at church included a good time of getting to know each other. Many wet eyes as we shared 'why we are here' and a 'moment in church/worship gathering that impacted' us. I was kind of shaky and tired (didn't get my early morning nap with Sarah that she started just as I was leaving). Then home, fed Sarah lunch at Mill Lake while we watched the geese (and saw someone catch what looked like a tiny perch) and out on a big bus tour to get our special laundry soap and rubber gloves from Save-on on the other side of town (lovely run-on sentence eh? efficiency blog). Did a diaper change at the bus stop, talked to a fellow who really enjoys his job working at McDonalds in the lobby and cleaning tables...Sarah looked at Marigolds at the downtown exchange. Afternoon nap and then picked up by Grandad for a fish dinner at Abrahams with Great-Grandma and Great Auntie Ang. Neat to hear about Ang's work some (she's a LPN-licensed practical nurse). What did Sarah do that was neat I wanted to tell? Oh yes, she has signed 'more' on several occasions. (Her second sign, other than 'milk'). So cool. And this morning she pooped, for the second time, on her little toliet. Also cool. She seemed, perhaps, a little surprised, cause right after she made the deposit she looks at me and wants to hop off the seat.
Missing Andy more today, but I've sure been doing a lot (get tired of using the word busy).
He did call Mon. evening, which was so cool. Called from the ferry as they were taking off...all these guys on the boat would errupt into laughter every once in a while...sounded like he was in a bar. He parked his car at a campground and had to walk 10-15 min. to the ferry, so it was good we got that cooler with wheels. I wonder how many fishies are in it. The guys he's with brought a generator to keep things cold.
Oh, I decided not to be a part of a worship team this year and I feel really good about that decision. Thanks for your prayers.
Sarah may notice poppa's not around. Sometimes, when we come out of her room she'll be craning her head to look around me as if to see if anyone else is in the house. It's so nice being near family though, cause she sees lots of people. It's not just the two of us getting sick of each other...not that we would exactly, but you know what I mean?
We'll off to make a dent in the mound of dishes.

3 Comments:

Blogger Aimee said...

great to read all the recent entries. Thanks for keeping me posted. Thanks for the invite to Sarah's party. We won't be able to come, but we'll see you on Friday! Lots of love, aimee

9:32 PM  
Blogger Jeremy J Harnett said...

Hey Cara,
Off topic, I've forgotten how to make home-made baby cereals... at least variations of... I just need some tips. He just finished through one bought box of organic cereal, but I can't find any recipes on ideas for making baby cereal.... I remember a recipe Julene used to do with an egg in cream of wheat? How 'bout oatmeal: I tried to grind some oats fine and then add boiling water, but it was too grainy or something because Ben's crib was full of oaty puke after his nap. How about flax seeds? Do you know when they can have that and how? Just need some ideas, so if anyone is reading this and has some tips/recipes for me to try, please feel free to e-mail me!!

Tanya

8:27 AM  
Blogger Cara said...

Tanya, I recommend taking out "Super Baby Food" from your library (see my link on left side) where you can find these recipes. I believe for oatmeal (or any grain) it was 3 tablespoons finely ground grain (use coffee grinder...then I'd strain what came out of there sometimes, like rice would leave a few bigger chunks) to a cup of water. You boil the water,add the powder and whisk, whisk, whisk for approx. 10 min. until smooth.
At 8 mon. babes can have ground flax and flax oil (Ruth Yaron, Super Baby Food).
Yah the book has great recipes (i.e. high-protein 'super porriage)...including recipes for kids up to 3 yrs. and even recipes for playdough etc. I highly recommend it.
Good to hear from you Aimee...yes, we'll see you at the end of next week. Wow.

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home