Wednesday, January 21, 2009

doing stuff

Hi. Just thought I'd make a post of what's been happening lately.

It seems Sarah's social needs are increasing and so we've been getting into more of a rhythm of doing stuff in town. This week and last week we did Strong Start Mon. and skating on Wed. (we are going today, skating at the arena again).This Mon. at Strong Start she had a blast and spoke to the teacher during circle time. That was the first time. She gave an idea about what we do in winter. First she told me when I repeated the question and she said, "sledding," then I said, 'tell Pam' and she did. She really enjoyed the actions of the circle time activities too and got into it. Every once in a while she would bump into me, as if she noticed she was being more outgoing, but she had a blast...and it made the teacher's day too. :)

We've been doing more sledding and borrowed a 'snow surfer' from our neighbors. We found the sun at the end of the driveway yesterday and I laid in the sun on the sled while Sarah crawled in the snow and near the fence. Then she used the sled, on her stomach and enjoyed the gentle slope of the field, sledding through tall grass and burr plants that are still sticking out of the snow.

I made dinner last night...kind of went all out I suppose, but I can't remember the last time I made dinner, Andy's been doing it so much. I made wraps (from scratch), sauteed cabbage/onions/garlic/canned tomatoes/chili powder to put in the wraps, maple glazed parsnips with walnuts on top, boiled beets, rice for in the wraps, and we had salsa, beans and grated carrots in their too. Sarah helped me make dinner for over an hour...peeling skin of garlic and onions, putting water in the pot for the beets, putting the beets in the pot, rolling out wraps, grating carrots together until we decided it was too dangerous (no one got hurt) and taking loads of veggie tops and scrapings to the compost bucket for me. She also fetched the onion from the guest room and checked for parsnips. Her Dad brought a new batch from the root cellar just in time.

Andy is working on making a memory game for Sarah out of pictures we took. He's been mounting them lately.

I am pretty tired this morning as the night was rough and Sarah woke up at 6:41am.

It is very sunny again and we are looking forward to going to the BC Camping Conference at Stillwood Camp in early Feb.

I vacuumed yesterday cause the floor was bothering me and also Sarah and I began tackling the silicone in the upstairs tub.

It seems like we may have a few visitors in Feb...3 groups of people have expressed interest in coming. That's good cause we'll get the guest room organized again. It tends to explode every once in a while when someone is looking for something.

We go to see the midwife on Tues., which I'm excited about. Andy has the day off that day which he traded for Sat. so we'll do some shopping too.Sarah continues to give us gifts everyday and we've been enjoying playing Penguin Pick-up (new card game from Abrahams for Christmas).

And James we finished Charlotte's Web already. We were reading it about 2-3 times a day. She really enjoyed it and looked forward to each chapter immensely...and Andy, if he read or overhead me reading could often be found chuckling too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

My boys loved charlottes web...maybe I should start it again. They really can't get enough of it.

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home