Sunday, September 18, 2005

bedtime snack fest

Here's some stuff about Sarah I haven't told you, I don't think...
1. She likes hair, her daddies, mine, other kid's. When playing with other kid's with more hair than her, she'll often reach out and touch their hair...and I'm impressed with how gentle she is most of the time.
2. She's been drooling more lately. I thought because she was just really hungry but both my mom's asked today or commented, "she must be teething." Duh - I hadn't thought of that. Funny.
Sarah and I just finished having a bedtime snack fest. She emptied me and seemed still hungry so I put her in the highchair and she ate a bunch...sitting there in her pjs and bib. It's cool, she had her first sandwhich the other day, of spelt bread and tahini. Had more of that tonight. I was craving tahini so was drenching rice cakes in it. Yah, before we began our snack, she would stop breastfeeding and didn't look tired at all. We read a book a bunch, snuggled. She was kinda wired it seemed...all floppy and trying to eat my cheek.
Seems like we're over the hump of missing Andy. Tomorrow will come and go and then Tues. he returns...and now I'll be super-concentrated getting ready for Sarah's party Tues. night.
Today we went to early service. I was welcomed in by a super friendly lady named Sharon. She held Sarah for a bit and then Sarah and I enjoyed the peaceful nursery where I could hear the sermon quite well and she could rumble around. Then home...tired. When I woke up this morning I thought it was the middle of the night. I had planned on doing the Terry Fox Run today, but needed rest...and it was Sarah's naptime too. So, we did that, then later had our own Terry Fox run over to the garden where I picked a "beautiful bunch of ripe tomatoes" - lots. Hey, if any Abbotsford people want any - I'm serious - please call me in the morning, before I do something with them...if I get around to it. They are romas.
Enjoyed some Coronation grapes of the vine too and my Dad picked us up with all our produce.
Then home and a power-nap for Sarah. I enjoyed a lovely sandwhich of chickpeas, squash (didn't taste bad at all), babaganoush, tomatoes and freshly ground pepper...been having a lot of sandwhichs lately.
With no Andy around Sarah gets a lot of love. Been enjoying making her laugh lately.
Wow...when I'm sleeping tonight will be the anniversary of my having Sarah. At this time a year ago I was in hard labor and asking myself why people 'do this.'
Incredible sale on organic diapers here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home