Monday, March 23, 2009

right now

I'm not sleeping. I have lots on my mind. We are moving April 4, and we don't know to where and we don't know what we'll be doing yet to generate an income.Andy has been in Abbotsford since Fri. and he is looking into potential options. It is hard to know exactly how to pack or how to quiet my mind during this time.

The last 2 nights were a write-off. I was thinking about, Sat. night, making sure we were ready for our ride to take us to church Sunday and last night just about everything in the air and all that's happened since early March. I went out on the deck around 1:30 am and enjoyed a very bright starry night. Naps have not gone well either for me, as I hear Sarah and kinda need to in case she needs me.

I've been enjoying more baby's movements and Andy's felt the babe from the outside, but Sarah hasn't...although she's put in her time.

Where do I have our mail forwarded too? So many questions...I keep thinking it'll be interesting looking back on this time. Where do I call to get on a waiting list to get a new midwife?...cause I don't think we're going out Kelowna way, where my midwife is.

Last night I was so tired I felt I might die from tiredness. Ha. I went to bed immedietely after putting Sarah to bed (9 pm) and that didn't even help much cause I was thinking Andy might call so I had one ear open for the phone.

So, I feel a bit of a wreck right now and I don't do well with this sleep deprivation thing. I would appreciate prayers for being patient with Sarah when I feel so on edge from being exhausted and of course prayers for a residence and a job...wisdom for Andy and a calm mind for me.

We are getting some organizing done and Sarah and I have generated a bag each for the thrift store (plus 2 small boxes) and the dump over the last 2 days.

Things are really melting here, snow-wise. I don't know what else to say at the moment. Think it's time for a good cry.

5 Comments:

Blogger Claire said...

Hi Cara, it's Aimee's friend, Claire. I am praying this for you, from Philippians: "The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."...I love how it starts with the reminder that the Lord is near. I will pray that you will know that deeply in your heart. He is near.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Hi Cara, We had a great visit with Andy yesterday. Right now I just want to say again something that helps me sleep (of course this doesn't help for bladder callings). I tell myself that my Father does not slumber or sleep and confess he is on the night shift as I will (hopefully, by faith and, please, as a gift) be sleeping.
What a time you are in. Peace, Peace to you especially in the night.

11:16 AM  
Blogger carolyn and steve said...

We love you guys so much. We are praying for you. I know God has great plans for your awesome amazing family. You are such beautiful, top notch, high quality people. You enrich peoples' lives wherever you go. Time for God to use you in a new place! I am being a little selfish and hoping that He places you close to us.
love,
carolyn

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:'o( but on the otherhand you have some exciting times to look foward too hey? It reminds me of our trip to Korea. Not knowing what to expect. What was to come on the other side of the world...But it worked out great right?!?!? We had a great time, and everythign fell into place. God has you in the palm of His hand...ALWAYS! ;o)

4:14 PM  
Blogger lil said...

Also praying for you, Andy and Cara, that the Lord would open an awesome door for you in a new place. It's SO hard to wait, sometimes, but HE will come through. May you know HIS peace in your mind and heart! Love you guys.

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home