Sunday, March 29, 2009

to abbotsford

Hello. Thank you for your prayers and comments.
It seems we have a plan now. We will be going to live with my parents. Andy is hoping to work at an organic farm in the valley and do some small-scale market gardening (growing veggies) at his uncles' place.

We had a lovely last day of church here. It was potluck Sunday and they had a cake that said, "We'll miss you," on it as well.

We are having our week of 'lasts' now. We'll go to a few programs this week - Sarah and I and of course a lot of packing still. Andy got the greenhouse down last week and Sarah and I packed her toys (still accessible some of them are). We've been making regular drop offs of recycling and thrift store donations as well.

An encouraging verse I found is from Lamentations 3:55-57 NIV:"I called on your name, O Lord, from the depths of the pit. You heard my plea: "Do not close your ears to my cry for relief."You came near when I called you, and you said, "Do not fear."

4 Comments:

Blogger lil said...

So glad to hear of the 'plan' even if it seems to be shortterm now!! God has you moving, so He will direct!! May your goodbyes in Princeton be sweet, lasting memories. Good verse the Lord gave you, too!!

7:48 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

We look forward to your arrival and to our new adventure together.
We love you very much.

Mom/Grandma Kathy

2:31 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Hi Cara,
I followed Aimee's blog to find you here. Wow! These are surprising, big, and difficult changes! I am prayerfully thinking of you these days! Praying for God to sustain you and your family physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
Cristina Unruh

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing you soon and praying that you will get all the rest you need amidst all the packing and saying good-byes - another verse I love "For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, Fear not." Is. 41:13 - with love and hugs - Aunt Flo

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home