Wednesday, December 15, 2004

a few days

It's been a few days. Some recent highlights include having some friends over Friday night. Brent and Jody and their son, Joseph (18 months) who really initiated our highchair. It was fun. We share a lot of the same perspectives. For example re: consumerism.
Saw my good friend Amy from Cranbrook at the Midnight Gladness Sale at the House of James that same night as well. We got caught up in the coffeeshop, devotional section and children's department. I grabbed some apple cider on the way out the door too. Yum. I brought Sarah and a few other people met her too.
Made cookies today with Cherise. This gingerbread recipe was really dry so it's hard to role out and the cookies are really thick - hardy things they are. To the gym tonight - not many people there...then to get some green vegetables. I was pretty tired when I was at the checkout so I asked the girl to count out my change for me :) Then I turned around to rush out (Andy waiting with a getting hungry Sarah at home) and I ran into one of those metal pole-dividers that makes the aisles. Oh boy.
Saturday we went out to Sumas mountain to get a tree. We thought maybe it was just fir trees that gave me a headache. We tried a real tree our first Cmas. So we got a hemlock (actually the top of one). Andy says all the trees out their won't survive so it's like we're thinning them (only one). Anyway, we brought it home and it did give me a headache too. Oh boy...and it was bigger than I thought it would be - took up a lot of space. So now it's in the backyard outside our kitchen/computer window. That's pleasant. We may put lights on it, but I like it how it is too. I took a picture while we were there that will be entitled "The Trinity." I took it looking up the trunks of three trees. I think some sun was there too and blue sky behind the trees...beautiful.
Sarah Bara...had some uncomfortable hickups today and was crying a bit with them and I made up a song that repeated, "You have the uncomfortable hickups," and then, "and you're ok." I thought, 'with a baby, my life is kind of like a musical. I break into spontaneous song about all sorts of things.' But I can seldom remember the songs afterwards.
It would be good to go outside tomorrow. Yes, that will be high on the priority list...and roll out the remaining gingerbread.
Is everyone in Abbotsford entering the "Win Your Cmas List" contest in the Times? I wish you could enter online. That would be simpler. Don't know if I'll make it out to Peardonville Rd. Perhaps just send in one entry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home