Friday, December 03, 2004

a few words

...before I sleep. Walked a bit around town today. To the House of James (HOJ) then to Human Resources, back to the HOJ where I fed Sarah and sat with my grandparents and Mom and Dad who where having lunch. Then Sarah was squirmy and tired so we took off back home.
Got the decorations on the tree today. And set up our Peruvian nativity scene (Joseph, Mary and Jesus).
I got Michael W. Smith's "Christmas" album - the old one, complete with keyboards and songs I remember from yesteryear. It's short, but I feel a part of my history :)
Made those falafels for supper. Andy made tortillas and we had the falafels in them with lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes and this tahini-tamari sauce. Quite an intensive meal but we have lots of leftovers.
Went to this Christmas dessert gathering with young couples at our church this evening while my parents babysat. We met two new couples. One had been married 3 weeks, the other 6 years and had a 3 year old. I got some '80s fruit ceramic coasters from the gift exchange. They had a hilarious description on them - "Sophisticated and rich, the perfect ambiance coaster to set the right mood for that special evening." So hey, if anyone has a special evening coming up, let me know and I can lend you these 'special' coasters.
Andy is hoping to repair the flat on my bike tomorrow and I hope to go for a little ride!! I last rode in March - so long ago. No, I was on a kid's bike at camp when I was pregnant, but that hardly counts.
Talked to Sarah Kamp tonight who has a 7 week old. Boy he is small. It's hard to imagine Sarah (our Sarah) was that small. Andy said she was smaller. She is a very rapid grower.
Read Psalm 10 today and thought of the so many who've suffered and died at the hand of other nations/people. Here is Psalm 10:12-18 NIV
"Arise, LORD ! Lift up your hand, O God. Do not forget the helpless. Why does the wicked man revile God? Why does he say to himself, "He won't call me to account"? But you, O God, do see trouble and grief; you consider it to take it in hand. The victim commits himself to you; you are the helper of the fatherless. Break the arm of the wicked and evil man; call him to account for his wickedness that would not be found out. The LORD is King for ever and ever; the nations will perish from his land. You hear, O LORD , the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them, and you listen to their cry, defending the fatherless and the oppressed, in order that man, who is of the earth, may terrify no more."
Amen. Goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home