Wednesday, December 01, 2004

ufos and bark beetles

Went for a walk today...partly through Mill Lake park. I was almost the only one there. It was a little cold and misty (fog). Then I got onto Gladwin rd. heading into town to check out a few shops...and bamm-o - that's where everyone is. All the cars rushing around made me feel a little uptight...wished I'd stayed back in the park and finished the walk around the lake. But it's a decision, how you feel, so on the way home I decided to breathe deep and focus on the peace and joy that comes from Christ and is not effected by circumstances.
Last night we went grocery shopping - prunes, tofu, soymilk, cabbage, carrots, oats, canned tomatoes, bananas, rubber gloves, neutogena hand cream (yipee), toliet paper...hm toliet paper. We had gotten a cart and put the toliet paper in the bottom. Sarah was on the highest level and then the groceries below that and TP was on the lowest level. After we got home and had put the groceries away Andy goes into the bathroom and asks, "Where's the TP?" and we looked at eachother knowingly and I said I'd go back to see if it was possibly still in the bottom of our cart - now stacked with the rest outside Superstore. So, at 10:30 pm I took off. Making the story shorter (maybe)...talked to someone dealing with carts in the underground parking lot...scanned the carts for our unclaimed butt wiping material, then made my way to Save-on but drove past cause I remember we had Cmas napkins left from last year we could use till tomorrow (too detailed? sorry), cause I really didn't want to buy any other TP than this inexpensive recycled kind only Superstore and Extra foods has. Got home and thought, well I'll check the trunk just in case. Ah ha! Our TP lay with the prunes behind the roofrack and fishing rods. Andy says, "at least you got to go for a drive." Yah, my tiredness didn't really desire that...but anyway.
We haven't applied for maternity benefits yet - it was a little crazy at camp and I never got around to it. I looked into it today again and basically we just missed 9 weeks of benefits but can still probably get something. Applied for the child tax benefit today too.
The work never ends...it feels like this when I do more loads of laundry, other than diapers. Last night Sarah spit up and pooped at the same time. The milk puke landed on the couch so I washed the couch today. We keep blanket over it - perfect for occasions such as this.
Sarah and I just had the most wonderful conversation. I was just walking by the little chair she often sits in and stopped to tell her she was beautiful and she smiles and opens her mouth and coos at me several times as I continue talking to her. Precious moments.
Andy and I think Sarah may be left-handed. It's her left hand she looks at. Only today did I see her stare at her right.
Wondering what ufos and bark beetles are? The names of some of the flies Andy has tied recently. He was putting some away today and I asked what they were called and when he told me the names I just laughed and laughed and had to include it in here. Yah, he's gotten quite proficient at this new 'sport' of ty flying (ha, didn't do that on purpose).

Can anyone recommend a good Christmas CD other than Phil Keaggy's with the Philharmonic Orchastra?

3 Comments:

Blogger Alvin & Denise Engler said...

I'd be interested in hearing about the Xmas CD as well.. from someone who isn't trying to sell me something.
Joshua is crying as I type. Trying to keep occupied so I don't cave and encourage this behaviour. But it's been so long since he's done this... :(

2:15 AM  
Blogger Manders said...

I have been reading your blog since Aimee put a link to it on her blog. I have a 8 month old son and reading your blog reminds me of all of those precious moments long ago...I really like Steven Curtis Chapman's Christmas CD "The Music of Christmas" as well as Michael W. Smith's CD "Christmastime".

12:19 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

This is what my mom responded with for a good Christmas CD: A Christmas CD I have been enjoying this year is “Christmas is Jesus” by Bryan Duncan. Many people with nice voices make Christmas albums that sounds pretty – but Bryan sings (mostly) traditional songs like he means them. He really loves Jesus and I can hear that in songs. A refrain that is really sticking in my mind is from I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day –“God is not dead, nor doth He sleep”. Hallelujah!!

I heard the bells on Christmas day Love,
Their old familiar carols play Mom
And mild and sweet the words repeat,
Of peace on earth, good will to men.

I thought how as the day had come,
The belfries of all Christendom
Had roll'd along th' unbroken song
Of peace on earth, good will to men.

And in despair I bow'd my head:
"There is no peace on earth," I said,
"For hate is strong, and mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good will to men."

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
"God is not dead, nor doth He sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail,
With peace on earth, good will to men."

'Til ringing, singing on its way,
The world revolved from night to day,
A voice, a chime, a chant sublime,
Of peace on earth, good will to men!

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home