Monday, February 21, 2005

out & about & poop story

Lots went on this weekend. It was a weekend of Andy waking me up to say it was time to go somewhere...and the majority of the times I was just settling into a beautiful deep sleep. oh yes. So, Sat. morning we were off to Cloverdale. Andy to a fly fishing expo and me and Sarah to Langley to see some shops - specifically 10,000 Villages. We also found a great health food store and a crammed-to-the-top Home Hardware. We nursed twice in two different parks. The park in Cloverdale has a great outdoor stage I want to tell my dad and bro about...great venue for summer concerts. I love hearing live music outside! So much room to move around and dance too. Andy found and purchased a fly rod at the show...good deal he got.
Sun. we went to a different church than normal and then drove out to Hicks Lake and walked around the Beaver Pond. On the way to Hicks, we stopped at a fishing shop where AA bought a line and reel to complete his fly fishing set-up. I was so tired; I was curled up in the front seat - my head in between the seats. I really wanted to get out somewhere else though. This is way I forewent my Sun. afternoon nap. It takes quite a while to get to Hicks I thought. We did the little walk and got back to Abby...Sarah crying as we approached the city. Touched down into bed for almost 1/2 hr. and then off to the House of James (my dad's bookstore) annual party, we were invited to. I quit working there last March. I prayed that I'd have enough energy to enjoy the time and I did...thank you Lord.
One interesting (!) think that happened was that Sarah pooped our pants. Yes. I was holding her and heard the first rumbling. She had a disposable diaper on, which I find often leak when poop is involved. So, I positioned her so her bum didn't have any pressure on it, seeking to minimize any leakage which usually occurs out one of the legs. I was holding her backs of her knees as I sat and her head was on my upper legs. Then some more rumbling happened as we listened to someone share a story about working at the store. Then the story was over so I start moving Sarah to pick her up and put a new diaper on and I feel and see green liquid on my hand and my jeans. Then, I feel more moistness under my legs and look and see a mug-sized puddle of excrement on the chair. I've just run my leg through it. I whisper and motion to Andy, who is sitting in front of me, to come here. He passes me rags and cleans the chair and as I go to clean Sarah. Wow. I thought I should really have a simple change of clothes, for myself, in this diaper bag as well. This reminds me of other poop adventures. I hope I haven't told these stories before. If so, enjoy the new wordings. :)
Early on, I was really zealous to keep Sarah's diaper clean. I read that poopy diapers should be changed immediately to minimize the chance of diaper rash. So, when I would here Sarah poop I would transport her to the diaper table immediately. I soon learned that a bowel movement comes out in a few 'splurches'. We used to have our diaper changing set-up on a desk, so I would kneel to change Sarah. One time I was changing her, when mid-change she fires out this stream of feces that lands on my chest. Andy was home and I yelled and told him to come. It was actually quite handy it landed on me (and none of it on the floor) because I really do not like scrubbing carpet. A week earlier this had happened but I was standing and it got my housecoat and the floor. I didn't think it could happen twice. Now, we wait a full 5 min. from the first rumbling to ensure there will be no surprises.

2 Comments:

Blogger Aimee said...

Cara, those poop stories are hilarious! Fun to read your blog. Love you. Aimee

9:57 PM  
Blogger heidi said...

Oh. My. Goodness. that sounds absolutely horrid. definitely NOT ready for that yet! thanks to you and andy for the video of sarah (i think my mom brought it back home for you.) we LOVED it! she seems super smart already...do you think you can teach her to say "auntie heidi" by august? :)

love you 3
--heidi

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home