Monday, February 28, 2005

smart Sarah, mushy momma

As Sarah gets smarter each day, it seems I continue on in my mushy-brain mode due to the less sleep than I could make use of. A result of this mushinesss was forgetfullness yesterday. We were invited to my uncle's (Merv) 50th b-day party at his new cabin at Hemlock. I had recieved instuctions via email and printed them and put them on our bulletin board, planning to grab them as we headed out the door. I didn't even read them cause I was trying to save time. I should have tapped them to the door :) I forgot the instructions and we ended up driving around the little cabins near hemlock for 1/2 hr or so. As we decided we weren't finding the place and should head home there was another road we missed earlier and found the place very soon down that road. So thankful that we ended up making it. It was a great time of seeing family. Cute cabin...so cozy. And it came with everything...dishes, dishwasher soap.
Saturday was nice. Went to MCC and got some small wicker baskets. I'm sewing liners for them now. I told Andy that the type of creating I really enjoy now is sewing. I don't really have any desire to do other types of creating. I thought at one point I didn't want to do I hope to get started on a dress soon, but I have to get over the barrier of getting started and thinking that I won't do a very good job. I guess it's a big project to mess up on. But mom's upstairs to help, yah. Also went for a walk with my friend Crystal and her three week old Lucas. Long walk time-wise, short distance, as she's still recovering from her cesarean.
MCC is picking up our big oak desk today. We had bought it from them a couple of years ago and don't have room for it anymore. It's kind of like we rent furniture. It's a solid piece of furniture. A little sad to see it go.
Fri. night Andy and I drove out to Lee Valley Tools and picked up a pole-saw pruner that Andy's bro James went-in together with us to give Dad A. On the way back from that trip we listened to some lovely music - Ladysmith Black Mambazo - on CBC radio's 'World in Performance.' They are a South African accapella group. Sarah was sleeping, so it was like we were at a concert in the car. Nice.
Sat. night was Dad. A's b-day party. We brought Sarah's playpen over for the first time, for her to sleep in.
Can't think of much else right now. To end...a quote I saw on Andie's blog, a Mom who self-describes herself: "Formerly a quick witted, intelligent writer and conversationalist, massive sleep deprivation has rendered me incapable of discussing anything more complex than Davey's sleep schedule and diaper contents." I smiled and laughed and said, 'well-put.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home